- Evidence points to Iran weapons used in Saudi strike, says alliance, as oil jumps
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 12:19:34 -0400 - An attack on Saudi Arabia that triggered the biggest jump in oil prices in almost 30 years was carried out with Iranian weapons, a Saudi-led coalition said on Monday, as President Donald Trump said Washington was "locked and loaded" to hit back.
- Workers picket GM plants as UAW contract talks resume
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 12:19:19 -0400 - Negotiators for General Motors Co and the United Auto Workers resumed talks Monday at 10 a.m. EDT to resolve a strike that shut down the automaker's highly profitable U.S. operations.
- Cheers and honking horns greet first day of UAW strike against GM
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 12:19:19 -0400 - Willie Elzy has been readying for a possible strike against General Motors Co for months and, pointing to a parking lot full of freshly built pickup trucks, he says it's clear the automaker has been preparing too.
- Wall Street drops after Saudi attacks; energy stocks limit losses
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 12:13:44 -0400 - U.S. stocks fell on Monday on global growth worries after weekend attacks on Saudi Arabia's crude facilities hit 5% of the world's supply, but a sharp jump in crude prices lifted beaten-down energy stocks and kept losses in check.
- UK's Johnson buffeted in Luxembourg, says Brexit deal emerging
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 12:07:33 -0400 - Britain's Boris Johnson said on Monday that a Brexit deal was beginning to emerge, but the EU said he offered nothing to break the impasse during a visit to Luxembourg where he was harangued loudly by protesters and rebuked for trying to shift the blame.
- Israel 'well-prepared' for any spill-over from attack on Saudi oil plant
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:49:18 -0400 - Israel is prepared for the possibility it might be drawn into any U.S.-Iranian confrontation over a strike on a Saudi oil plant, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday.
- Evidence indicates Iranian arms used in Saudi attack, say Saudis
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:46:58 -0400 - The Saudi-led military coalition battling Yemen's Houthi movement said on Monday that the attack on Saudi Arabian oil plants was carried out with Iranian weapons and was not launched from Yemen according to preliminary findings.
- Oil soars after attack on Saudi facilities, stocks weaken
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:38:01 -0400 - Oil prices soared on Monday after attacks on crude facilities in Saudi Arabia sparked worries over the impact of an oil shock on economic growth, halting a positive run in world stocks as investors reached for less risky assets.
- Too soon to say if U.S. emergency oil release needed, Perry tells CNBC
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:07:19 -0400 - U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry said on Monday it was too soon say whether the United States would have to tap its emergency petroleum reserves following weekend attacks on Saudi Arabian oil facilities that shook global oil markets.
- Oil soars 10% after attack on massive Saudi oil facilities
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:59:54 -0400 - Oil futures jumped 10% on Monday after an attack on Saudi Arabian crude oil processing facilities over the weekend sliced the kingdom's production in half and threatened to hamper shipments from the world's largest crude exporter.
- UK PM Johnson booed by protesters in Luxembourg
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:55:06 -0400 - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was booed on Monday by protesters after talks with his counterpart in Luxembourg, putting off a briefing with reporters due to the protests.
- U.S. records no new measles cases for first week since outbreak began
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:54:26 -0400 - Health officials recorded no new cases of measles in the United States last week, marking the first week without new cases of the disease since the start of an outbreak largely linked to parents who declined to vaccinate their children.
- U.S. envoy tells U.N. Security Council indications Iran behind Saudi oil attacks
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:52:51 -0400 - U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Kelly Craft told the Security Council on Monday that emerging information on attacks on Saudi oil facilities "indicates that responsibility lies with Iran" and that there is no evidence the attack came from Yemen.
- UK PM Johnson says Brexit deal 'not in the bag' but can see rough shape of it
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:50:23 -0400 - There is the good shape of a Brexit deal but it is not necessarily "in the bag", British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Monday following a meeting with European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker in Luxembourg.
- OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma files for bankruptcy protection
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:49:12 -0400 - OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma LP filed for bankruptcy protection Sunday night, succumbing to pressure from more than 2,600 lawsuits alleging the company helped fuel the deadly U.S. opioid epidemic.
- Factbox: The U.S. opioid epidemic in the courts
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:48:23 -0400 - As opioid-related deaths have soared, thousands of lawsuits have been filed seeking damages from drugmakers and distributors. The following is a summary of where and how the opioid litigation is playing out across the United States:
- Luxembourg PM Bettel says onus on PM Johnson to propose workable Brexit fix
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:29:39 -0400 - Luxembourg Prime Minister Xavier Bettel lashed out at British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Monday for failing to propose serious alternatives to unlock a Brexit deal before the Oct.31 divorce date and seeking to blame the bloc for the "nightmare".
- Iraq says U.S. does not believe Iraqi territory used to launch attack on Saudi
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:24:43 -0400 - Iraq said on Monday it had been told by the United States that Washington did not suspect an attack on Saudi Arabia had been launched from Iraqi territory.
- Factbox: Impact of Saudi oil outage on crude, product markets
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:24:02 -0400 - Attacks on Saudi Arabian oil facilities on Saturday shut down about 5.7 million barrels per day (bpd) of crude production, sending global oil prices soaring.
- Taiwan says China meddling with elections after Solomon Islands cuts ties
- Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:22:51 -0400 - Taiwan accused China on Monday of trying to influence its presidential and legislative elections after the Solomon Islands cut off ties with Taipei.