- FedEx lowers 2019 forecast, citing weakness in Europe
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:33:58 -0500 - U.S. package delivery company FedEx Corp lowered its 2019 forecast, citing weakness in Europe, sending shares down 4.6 percent in after-market trading.
- Stocks dip ahead of Fed news; oil prices drop
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:33:49 -0500 - Global equity markets dipped on Tuesday as nervous investors awaited indications whether the Federal Reserve will be able to raise interest rates much further amid turbulent markets and a weakening outlook for the global economy.
- Trump pressures Fed before meeting, warns against 'another mistake'
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:33:49 -0500 - U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday further sought to pressure the Federal Reserve as the central bank prepared to start its two-day policy meeting, warning the Fed's board not to "make yet another mistake" ahead of an expected interest rate hike.
- Uber gets approval from Pennsylvania to resume self-driving testing
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:30:56 -0500 - Uber Technologies Inc received approval from Pennsylvania to resume self-driving car testing on public roads this week, state records show.
- Judge excoriates Trump ex-adviser Flynn, delays Russia probe sentencing
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:18:56 -0500 - A U.S. judge fiercely criticized President Donald Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn on Tuesday for lying to FBI agents in a probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, and delayed sentencing him until Flynn has finished helping prosecutors.
- China embarks on second round of soy buying post Trump-Xi truce
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:17:02 -0500 - Chinese importers returned to the U.S. soy market on Tuesday for their second round of purchases since the two countries agreed to a truce in their trade war, four traders with knowledge of the deals and the U.S. Soybean Export Council said.
- CBS fires CEO Leslie Moonves and denies $120 million severance
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:13:30 -0500 - CBS Corp said on Monday it has fired Leslie Moonves for cause and has denied a $120 million severance package as it girds for a potential legal battle with its former chief executive who has been accused of sexual harassment and assault that allegedly took place before and after he joined the company.
- S&P 500 ends flat in volatile trade ahead of Fed meeting
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:08:02 -0500 - The S&P 500 ended little changed in a choppy trading session on Tuesday as the possibility of a partial government shutdown added to investors' jitters ahead of a highly anticipated meeting of the Federal Reserve.
- Trump bans 'bump stocks' used in Las Vegas mass shooting
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:01:23 -0500 - The Trump administration on Tuesday banned the high-power gun attachments of the type used in last year's Las Vegas shooting massacre of 58 people, giving the owners of "bump stocks" 90 days to turn in or destroy the devices and blocking owners from being able to register them.
- FDA panel votes for prescribing naloxone with opioids
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:58:37 -0500 - An advisory panel to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday recommended prescribing the opioid overdose reversal drug, naloxone, along with addictive painkilllers.
- British government to activate full 'no-deal' Brexit preparations
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:43:44 -0500 - The British government said on Tuesday it would implement plans for a no-deal Brexit in full and begin telling businesses and citizens to prepare for the risk of leaving the European Union without an agreement.
- Trump charity to dissolve under deal with N.Y. attorney general
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:37:56 -0500 - U.S. President Donald Trump's namesake charitable foundation has agreed to dissolve under court supervision, partially resolving a New York state lawsuit claiming he misused it to advance his 2016 presidential campaign and his businesses, the state attorney general said on Tuesday.
- IPO activity next year could dampen if markets do not rebound: report
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:36:44 -0500 - The excitement of proposed initial public offerings by ride-hailing rivals Uber and Lyft next year may not be enough to encourage other firms to follow suit, as they fear that slowing global growth and rocky stock markets dragging into next year could threaten market debut valuations.
- White House cites 'options' for funding U.S. border wall
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:29:31 -0500 - The White House said on Tuesday it was searching for ways to unilaterally fund the building of a controversial wall on the U.S.-Mexico border that Congress is balking at, possibly easing chances of a government shutdown this weekend.
- Republicans talk to Trump about U.S. spending bill after Democrats shoot down proposal
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:29:31 -0500 - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday told reporters he is now consulting with the White House about the type of spending legislation that President Donald Trump would be willing to sign into law, after Democrats rejected his proposed budget bill.
- Penny Marshall, 'Big' director and TV's 'Laverne,' dead at 75
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:25:34 -0500 - Penny Marshall, who played an endearingly graceless character with a thick Bronx accent in U.S. television's "Laverne & Shirley" before becoming a pioneering film director with hits including "Big" and "A League of Their Own," has died at 75, her publicist said on Tuesday.
- Top U.S. fund managers prepare for bear market in small company stocks
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 15:00:11 -0500 - The shares of small companies in the U.S. fell into a bear market Monday, but several top-performing fund managers had already been acting as if it was inevitable.
- New Hampshire physician assistant guilty of Insys opioid kickback scheme
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:46:53 -0500 - A former physician assistant in New Hampshire was convicted on Tuesday of charges that he accepted nearly $50,000 in kickbacks from Insys Therapeutics Inc in exchange for prescribing its addictive fentanyl spray.
- U.S. agency to speed reviews of automaker self-driving petitions
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:38:19 -0500 - The U.S. auto safety regulator said on Tuesday it is speeding up the process for reviewing whether automakers can deploy self-driving vehicles without devices such as brakes and steering wheels.
- Trump asking cabinet to look for funds for border wall: spokeswoman
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:26:50 -0500 - White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders on Tuesday said that while President Donald Trump waits for the U.S. Congress to pass a spending bill to keep the government open, he is talking to cabinet members about directing funds from their agencies toward his proposed border wall.