- Fed rate-cut hints power S&P 500 to all-time high
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:37:13 -0400 - A rally on Wall Street lost strength on Thursday after the S&P 500 index touched a record high, powered by the Federal Reserve's signals that it could cut interest rates as early as July to combat growing risks to global and domestic growth.
- Trump says Iran 'made a very big mistake' by shooting down drone
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:36:24 -0400 - U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday said Iran made "a very big mistake" by shooting down a U.S. military drone that Tehran said was on a spy mission over its territory, in an incident that fanned fears of wider military conflict in the Middle East.
- Israel's Netanyahu urges support for U.S. against Iran's 'aggression'
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:36:24 -0400 - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday called on the international community to support the United States against Iran as tensions between the two countries escalated after the downing of a U.S. drone by Iran.
- White House invites congressional leaders for Iran briefing: source
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:35:03 -0400 - The Trump administration called top congressional leaders to the White House for a briefing later on Thursday on Iran following the downing of a U.S. surveillance drone, a source with knowledge of the meeting said.
- China, U.S. to resume trade talks but China says demands must be met
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:32:44 -0400 - China said on Thursday it hoped U.S. officials would bring a problem-solving attitude to renewed trade talks in advance of a meeting between Presidents Donald Trump and Xi Jinping next week in Japan.
- Then there were two: Johnson and Hunt fight for British PM job
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:24:11 -0400 - Brexit campaigner Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt, once an opponent of leaving the European Union who has now promised to exit with a deal, are the final two in the race to replace Prime Minister Theresa May.
- Factbox: Deal, no deal or delay - What will UK PM May's successor do about Brexit?
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:23:35 -0400 - What will Boris Johnson or Jeremy Hunt do about Brexit if chosen to replace British Prime Minister Theresa May?
- The Deciders: Meet the voters defining America's politics
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:14:13 -0400 - A retiree worried about his granddaughter's future in Pinellas County, Florida. A factory worker in Racine County, Wisconsin, who doubts politicians will improve her life as a single mother.
- The Deciders: Inside the Reuters series on some of America’s most politically competitive places
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:14:13 -0400 - The road to the White House next year runs through a handful of U.S. states where the election is expected to be especially close due to changing demographics and the polarizing politics of Republican President Donald Trump.
- U.S. Senate rejects Saudi arms sales in rebuke to Trump
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:12:44 -0400 - The U.S. Senate on Thursday voted to block the sale of billions of dollars in military sales to Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and other countries, rejecting President Donald Trump's decision to sidestep Congress' review of such deals by declaring an emergency over Iran.
- Factbox: The Global Hawk drone shot down by Iran
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:58:16 -0400 - Iran on Thursday shot down a U.S. military drone it said was on a spy mission over its territory. Washington said the aircraft was targeted in international air space in "an unprovoked attack."
- U.N. chief urges maximum restraint after Iran shoots down U.S. drone
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:53:27 -0400 - U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres is concerned by the Iranian shooting down of U.S. drone and urges all parties to exercise maximum restraint, a U.N. spokesman said on Thursday.
- U.S. Senate rejects arms sales to Saudi Arabia, rebuking Trump
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:44:07 -0400 - The U.S. Senate on Thursday backed a resolution opposing President Donald Trump's plan to complete weapons sales to Saudi Arabia and other countries, in a rare rebuke of the White House by some of his fellow Republicans in Congress.
- U.S. official: Must stand with Saudi Arabia as key security partner
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:44:07 -0400 - The United States must stand with Saudi Arabia as a key security partner, a U.S. State Department official said on Thursday when asked about an English court ruling that Britain broke the law by allowing certain arms sales to Saudi Arabia.
- Trump: 'You'll find out' how U.S. will respond to Iran
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:43:16 -0400 - Asked how the United States will respond to Iran after Iran shot down an American drone, U.S. President Donald Trump told reporters, "You'll find out."
- Trump calls Iran's shooting down of U.S. drone fly in ointment
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:42:49 -0400 - President Donald Trump on Thursday called Iran's shooting down of a U.S. military drone a new fly in the ointment and said it could have been a mistake.
- Hicks told House panel Trump is serious about foreign help in elections
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:38:26 -0400 - Hope Hicks, once a close aide to President Donald Trump, told the House Judiciary Committee that Trump was serious in saying there was nothing wrong in accepting derogatory information about political opponents from a foreign government, panel Chairman Jerrold Nadler said on Thursday.
- U.S. military says drone was 34 km from Iran when it was shot down
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:36:10 -0400 - The U.S. military said on Thursday that Iran shot down its drone while it was flying at high altitude in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz, approximately 34 km from the nearest point of land on the Iranian coast.
- China's Xi says world hopes North Korea-U.S. talks can succeed
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:29:24 -0400 - The world hopes North Korea and the United States can talk to each other and for those talks to be successful, Chinese President Xi Jinping told North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Thursday, praising Pyongyang's efforts toward denuclearization.
- Slack surges 50% in unusual listing, grabs $23 billion valuation
- Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:21:42 -0400 - Shares of Slack Technologies Inc surged 50 percent in their debut through a direct listing on Thursday, giving the workplace messaging app owner a valuation of about $23 billion.