- Democrats expected to unveil two articles of impeachment against Trump
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 22:03:01 -0500 - Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives were expected to unveil two articles of impeachment against Republican President Donald Trump on Tuesday, a senior Democratic aide said, setting the stage for a possible vote this week on impeachment.
- U.S. lawmakers reach deal on must-pass annual defense policy bill
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:55:31 -0500 - The U.S. House of Representatives and Senate Armed Services Committees announced on Monday they had reached an agreement on a $738-billion bill setting policy for the Department of Defense, after months of negotiations.
- U.S., Canadian officials converge on Mexico City to seal final changes to trade deal
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:48:53 -0500 - Senior U.S. and Canadian officials were set to fly to Mexico City on Tuesday to work on the final changes to a languishing North American trade pact that could clear the way for a vote in the U.S. Congress before the end of the year.
- House Speaker Pelosi says 'not quite finished yet' in reaching USMCA deal
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:48:53 -0500 - A deal to clinch a North American trade pact with Canada and Mexico was close but "not quite finished yet," Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, said on Monday.
- White House adviser Kushner says 'making pretty good progress' on USMCA
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:48:53 -0500 - White House adviser Jared Kushner said on Monday there was progress on reaching a trade deal with Mexico and Canada, but he would not confirm reports he planned to travel to Mexico for talks.
- Honda's Hachigo seizes the wheel as quality crisis hits profits
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:46:12 -0500 - At a two-day gathering for Honda's suppliers in March, Chief Executive Takahiro Hachigo sounded the alarm.
- Democrats to unveil articles of impeachment against Trump on Tuesday: aide
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:25:14 -0500 - Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives will unveil articles of impeachment against Republican President Donald Trump on Tuesday, a senior Democratic aide said.
- Russia banned from next Olympics and World Cup soccer
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:10:15 -0500 - Russia was banned from the world's top sporting events for four years on Monday, including the next summer and winter Olympics and the 2022 soccer World Cup, for tampering with doping tests.
- Putin says Moscow could appeal Russia sports ban
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:10:15 -0500 - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Monday that Moscow had grounds to appeal a decision by the World Anti-Doping Agency to bar Russia from major sporting events, a move he said violated the Olympic charter.
- Hope fades for eight missing after New Zealand volcanic island erupts
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:04:54 -0500 - Eight people were missing and presumed dead on Tuesday after a volcanic eruption covered a small New Zealand island popular with tourists in hot ash and steam, killing five people and seriously injuring about 30 more.
- Former Boeing employee who warned about 737 problems will testify at hearing
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:00:11 -0500 - A former Boeing Co employee who warned of problems with 737 production will testify on Wednesday at a U.S. House hearing on the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) review of the grounded 737 MAX.
- Apple has 'deep concerns' that ex-employees accused of theft will flee to China
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 20:46:41 -0500 - Apple Inc on Monday told a federal court it has "deep concerns" that two Chinese-born former employees accused of stealing trade secrets from the company will try to flee before their trials if their locations are not monitored.
- Trump, Saudi crown prince vow to cooperate on Florida base shooting probe
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 20:35:16 -0500 - U.S. President Donald Trump and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on Sunday discussed last week's Florida naval base shooting and vowed to work together on the investigation of the attack, which left three people dead and injured eight others.
- Pressure mounts on FBI for answers on Florida naval base shooting
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 20:35:16 -0500 - U.S. investigators face mounting pressure on Monday to deliver answers on the motive that led a Saudi Air Force lieutenant to shoot and kill three people and wounded eight others at a U.S. Navy base in Pensacola, Florida.
- Russia and Ukraine leaders, in first talks, agree to exchange prisoners
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 20:28:20 -0500 - The leaders of Russia and Ukraine agreed on Tuesday to exchange all remaining prisoners from the conflict in east Ukraine by the end of the year, but left thorny questions about the region's status for future talks.
- Asian shares edge lower as investors await tariff deadline
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 19:39:55 -0500 - Asian equity markets were a tad lower on Tuesday as investors refrained from making major bets before Dec. 15, when the next round of U.S. tariffs on Chinese imports is due to take effect.
- Activist Thunberg channels youth fury to U.N. climate summit
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 19:02:43 -0500 - Teen activist Greta Thunberg reached Europe on Tuesday after a 21-day catamaran dash across the Atlantic for a United Nations summit where she will invoke the fury of global youth at politicians' foot-dragging over climate change.
- U.S. House Judiciary chief Nadler: Trump conduct 'clearly impeachable'
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 18:55:27 -0500 - U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler closed his panel's impeachment hearing on Monday with a condemnation of President Donald Trump's conduct as a continuing threat to the country's elections and democratic system of government.
- 'Marriage Story' leads mostly white, male Golden Globe nods, De Niro snubbed
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 18:18:08 -0500 - Netflix divorce drama "Marriage Story" on Monday led a Golden Globes nominations list dominated by movie stories about white men and marked by snubs for actor Robert De Niro and television shows "Game of Thrones" and social justice drama "When They See Us."
- Factbox: Key television nominations for the 2020 Golden Globe awards
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 18:18:08 -0500 - Nominations were announced on Monday for the 2020 Golden Globe awards for movies and television.