- Malaysia's Mahathir seeks unity government as Anwar vies for power
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 05:18:16 -0500 - Malaysia's Mahathir Mohamad called on Wednesday for a unity government without political parties after his shock resignation as prime minister sparked turmoil.
- Malaysia's Anwar says he has backing of three parties for PM role
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 05:18:16 -0500 - Malaysia's Anwar Ibrahim said on Wednesday three parties from the former ruling coalition have nominated him as their candidate for prime minister after Mahathir Mohamad resigned.
- Egypt to bury former president Mubarak in military funeral
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 05:15:48 -0500 - Egypt will on Wednesday bury its former president Hosni Mubarak, who died at the age of 91, in a military funeral in Cairo.
- U.S. braces for coronavirus spread as outbreaks worsen in Italy, Iran
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 05:12:11 -0500 - The United States told Americans on Tuesday to begin preparing for coronavirus to spread within the country as outbreaks in Iran, South Korea and Italy escalated and fears that the epidemic would hurt global growth rattled markets.
- Nineteen dead, 139 infected with coronavirus in Iran: health ministry
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 05:12:11 -0500 - Nineteen people have died and 139 people have been infected by coronavirus in Iran, health ministry spokesman Kianush Jahanpur said on Wednesday in an announcement on state TV.
- Coronavirus cases rise in Italy, with children among new cases
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 05:12:11 -0500 - An outbreak of coronavirus in northern Italy worsened on Wednesday, with more than 30 new cases confirmed in the two worst-hit regions and children found to have the illness for the first time.
- Bayer chairman quits after making progress to settle litigation
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 05:09:35 -0500 - Bayer , which is fighting claims its weedkiller Roundup causes cancer, said its Chairman Werner Wenning was stepping down because the drugs and crop protection company was making good progress in settlement talks.
- New coronavirus cases in Germany, one man in critical condition
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 05:08:22 -0500 - A 25-year-old man living in the southern German state of Baden-Wuerttemberg has tested positive for coronavirus after a trip to Milan, and another man further north is in a critical condition with the disease, authorities said on Tuesday.
- Japan's pro-baseball teams to play without spectators over coronavirus fears: Kyodo
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 05:05:32 -0500 - Japan's professional baseball teams will hold games without spectators until March 15 due to concerns over the coronavirus outbreak, Kyodo news agency reported on Wednesday.
- Trump, Modi hope talks lead to phase one of U.S.-India trade deal: White House
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 05:04:23 -0500 - U.S. President Donald Trump and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi have agreed to "promptly" conclude ongoing trade talks that they hope can lead to the first phase of a bilateral U.S.-India trade deal, the White House said.
- New Delhi is world's most polluted capital for second straight year: study
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 05:03:46 -0500 - New Delhi was the world's most polluted capital city for the second straight year in 2019, according to a Swiss-based group that gathers air-quality data globally.
- World shares slump for fifth day, bets grow on interest rate cuts to counter damage
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 05:02:32 -0500 - World stocks tumbled for the fifth straight day on Wednesday, while safe-haven gold rose back towards seven-year highs and U.S. bond yields held near record lows after governments and health authorities warned of a possible coronavirus pandemic.
- What are 'sanctuary' cities and why is Trump targeting them?
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 04:56:04 -0500 - U.S. Republican President Donald Trump has intensified his administration's fight in recent weeks against Democratic-led "sanctuary" jurisdictions that limit cooperation with federal immigration enforcement.
- Austria quarantines a dozen people after first coronavirus cases
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 04:51:06 -0500 - Austria has quarantined 12 people who were in close contact with a couple who were the country's first coronavirus cases, one of whom works as a hotel receptionist, the local government in the province of Tyrol said on Wednesday.
- Death toll rises to 20 from riots in New Delhi; hundreds badly injured
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 04:50:16 -0500 - At least 20 people have been killed in the Indian capital during violent clashes between Hindu and Muslim groups over a new citizenship law, a hospital official told Reuters, even as an eerie calm descended in riot-torn areas on Wednesday.
- At rowdy debate, Democratic rivals warn Sanders nomination would be 'catastrophe'
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 04:49:36 -0500 - Democratic presidential candidates unleashed withering attacks on Bernie Sanders in a boisterous debate in South Carolina on Tuesday, assailing his ambitious economic agenda and warning his nomination would be a "catastrophe" that would cost Democrats the White House and control of Congress.
- San Francisco declares emergency over coronavirus
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 04:48:35 -0500 - San Francisco declared a local emergency over the coronavirus on Tuesday, despite having no cases, as U.S. officials urged Americans to prepare for the spread of infections within their communities.
- U.S. soldier infected as South Korea coronavirus cases rise above 1,260
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 04:48:02 -0500 - South Korea reported 284 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, including a U.S. soldier, as health authorities prepared to test more than 200,000 members of a church hit hardest by the outbreak.
- Coronavirus pandemic inevitable, U.S. warns as disease spreads across globe
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 04:48:02 -0500 - Asia reported hundreds of new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, including the first U.S. soldier to be infected, as the United States warned of an inevitable pandemic, and outbreaks in Italy and Iran spread to more countries.
- Kuwait says six more coronavirus cases confirmed, tally now 18: KUNA
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 04:47:24 -0500 - Kuwait's health ministry said on Wednesday that the number of people diagnosed with coronavirus in the country rose to 18 after six more cases were confirmed, the state news agency reported.