- Hong Kong pro-independence party formally outlawed in first such move since handover
- Mon, 24 Sep 2018 00:22:27 -0400 - Hong Kong authorities formally banned on Monday a group promoting independence from China - the first outlawing of a political organization since Britain handed its former colony back to Chinese rule in 1997.
- U.S., China impose fresh tariffs with no trade talks in sight
- Mon, 24 Sep 2018 00:20:06 -0400 - The United States and China imposed fresh tariffs on each other's goods on Monday, as the world's biggest economies showed no signs of backing down from an increasing bitter trade dispute that has rattled financial markets.
- Japan's PM says talks with Trump on trade were constructive ahead of meetings this week
- Mon, 24 Sep 2018 00:18:03 -0400 - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said he had constructive talks on trade with U.S. President Donald Trump in New York on Sunday ahead of the second round of trade dialogues between the two countries this week.
- Singapore competition watchdog fines Grab, Uber $9.5 million over merger
- Mon, 24 Sep 2018 00:17:22 -0400 - Singapore's anti-trust watchdog fined ride-hailing firms Grab and Uber a combined S$13 million ($9.5 million) over their merger deal, and ordered Uber to sell vehicles from its local leasing business to any rival that makes a reasonable offer.
- China to issue white paper on U.S. trade frictions: Xinhua
- Mon, 24 Sep 2018 00:12:05 -0400 - China's state council will publish a white paper on the ongoing bilateral trade frictions with the United States, the official Xinhua news agency reported on Monday.
- Asian shares wobble as China cancels trade talks with U.S.; oil rallies
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 23:59:25 -0400 - Asia shares stumbled in holiday-thinned trading on Monday as China ramped up trade tensions by cancelling upcoming tariff talks with the United States, while oil prices jumped after top producers ruled out boosting crude output.
- Texan who published 3-D guns plans jailed on sex assault charge
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 23:39:44 -0400 - A Texas man running a 3-D printed guns company was booked into a Houston jail on a charge of sexual assault on Sunday after Taiwanese officials sent him back to the United States, where he is accused of having sex with an underage girl.
- Comcast demonstrates Sky-high ambition in global media shake-up
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 23:06:14 -0400 - U.S. cable giant Comcast scored a big win in the scramble for media assets by beating Rupert Murdoch, and his backer Disney, in the battle for Sky with an eye-watering $40 billion bid.
- From reality TV to U.N., Trump to wield Security Council gavel
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 22:55:29 -0400 - He has chaired board meetings, cabinet meetings and starred in a reality television show, but on Wednesday U.S. President Donald Trump will wield the gavel in the United Nations Security Council to denounce Iran for what his administration sees as its malign regional behavior.
- Opposition leader Solih tells supporters he won Maldives election
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 22:19:09 -0400 - Maldives opposition leader Ibrahim Mohamed Solih, who fought a bitter election campaign against President Abdulla Yameen, said he won Sunday's presidential vote with a 16 percent margin after 92 percent of the votes had been counted.
- Rain-gorged river still poses flood threat in Hurricane Florence's aftermath
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:46:15 -0400 - Rain-swollen rivers in North and South Carolina kept rising on Sunday and were forecast to remain at flood level for days, the National Weather Service said more than a week after the landfall of Hurricane Florence, already blamed for at least 40 deaths.
- Accuser of Kavanaugh to testify on Thursday
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:44:36 -0400 - The university professor who has accused Brett Kavanaugh, President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee, of sexual assault will testify before a Senate panel on Thursday about her allegation, her lawyers and the committee said on Sunday.
- Woods ends five-year drought with Tour Championship triumph
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:44:21 -0400 - Tiger Woods was moved to the brink of tears after capturing his first title since 2013 with a two-stroke triumph at the Tour Championship in Atlanta on Sunday that proved he was far from washed up at the age of 42.
- Tiger can still match my 18 majors, says Nicklaus
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 20:46:42 -0400 - Jack Nicklaus believes Tiger Woods still has a realistic chance of matching his record tally of 18 major championships, the man known as the Golden Bear said on Sunday.
- List of players with most all-time victories on PGA Tour
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 18:55:42 -0400 - List of players with most career win on the PGA Tour following Tiger Woods' victory at the Tour Championship on Sunday:
- Timeline for Tiger Woods since 2013
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 18:43:15 -0400 - Timeline for Tiger Woods in the five years between his 79th and 80th PGA Tour victories:
- Canada PM says informal NAFTA talks likely in next few days at U.N.
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 17:33:29 -0400 - U.S. and Canadian officials trying to reach a deal on NAFTA are "very likely" to hold informal talks on the sidelines of a major U.N. meeting in the next few days, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Sunday.
- Cuba's new president makes first trip to old Cold War foe United States
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 17:17:31 -0400 - Cuba's new president, Miguel Diaz-Canel, arrived in New York on Sunday for his first trip to the United States, where he will denounce the decades-old U.S. trade embargo on his country at the U.N. General Assembly, state-run media reported.
- Cosby sentencing is new milestone for #MeToo movement
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 16:24:53 -0400 - When a grainy video of standup comedian Hannibal Buress making a joke about Bill Cosby's rape allegations on an October night in 2014 went viral, the rallying cry of #MeToo was years away.
- Volume spikes on sector reshuffle, quadruple witching
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 15:19:24 -0400 - An overhaul of Wall Street's technology and media sectors coincided with the quarterly expiration of futures and options, bringing a burst of volume to trading late on Friday that could continue in the days that follow.