- Ford to invest $740 million in Detroit train station, city development project
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 19:11:47 -0400 - Ford Motor Co disclosed Tuesday it will spend $740 million on a project to revamp Michigan Central Station, Detroit’s historic but dilapidated former rail station, as well as other neighborhood sites.
- Lockheed wins $2.9 billion contract for U.S. missile warning satellites
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 19:04:44 -0400 - Lockheed Martin Corp has been awarded a U.S. Air Force contract worth up to $2.9 billion for three missile warning satellites, the Air Force said on Tuesday.
- U.S. lawsuit over photos at U.S.-Mexico border crossings is revived
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 19:03:03 -0400 - A federal appeals court on Tuesday revived a lawsuit by border policy activists challenging the constitutionality of a U.S. government policy requiring advance permission to take photos or shoot film at ports of entry on the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Nine hurt as gas explosion levels Denver building
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:56:51 -0400 - Nine people were injured, one critically, on Tuesday when a natural gas explosion leveled a Denver apartment building, a fire department spokesman said.
- Pennsylvania report details decades of sexual abuse by priests
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:55:56 -0400 - Roman Catholic priests in Pennsylvania sexually abused thousands of children over a 70-year period and silenced victims through "the weaponization of faith" and a systematic cover-up campaign by their bishops, the state attorney general said on Tuesday.
- Trump campaign files arbitration against former aide Omarosa: ABC
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:53:40 -0400 - U.S. President Donald Trump's campaign has filed an arbitration against former White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman for allegedly violating a nondisclosure agreement, ABC News reported on Tuesday, citing a senior Trump campaign official.
- Ex-Trump aide Manafort's defense rests, case headed to jury
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:50:43 -0400 - Attorneys for Paul Manafort rested their case on Tuesday without calling any witnesses, including the former Trump campaign chairman himself, who told the judge he did not want to testify in his own defense against bank and tax fraud charges.
- Musk bid for Tesla: no formal offer, no firm deals with advisers
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:47:00 -0400 - Tesla Inc's board named a special committee of three directors on Tuesday to decide what to do about Chief Executive Elon Musk's potential offer to take the electric carmaker private, although Musk has yet to make a formal offer and is still negotiating to hire advisers needed to do a deal.
- A look at Tesla's nine-member board
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:47:00 -0400 - Tesla Inc's board has named a special committee of three directors to negotiate with Chief Executive Elon Musk on taking the electric car maker private, although it said it was yet to see a firm offer from him.
- Major Tesla shareholders trimmed stakes last quarter: filings
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:47:00 -0400 - Two major Tesla Inc shareholders cut their stakes in the electric automaker during the second quarter, before Chief Executive Elon Musk announced he would try to take the company private earlier this month.
- Evacuations, rescues as 'historic' floods hit northeastern U.S.
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:17:05 -0400 - New Jersey declared a partial state of emergency on Tuesday as forecasts for further heavy rainfall posed new danger in parts of that state, New York and Pennsylvania, where rescuers hauled people from waterways, flooded cars and homes.
- Trump calls ex-'Apprentice' star turned White House aide a 'dog'
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:02:35 -0400 - U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday called former White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman a "dog," and his campaign took legal action against her as the two former reality TV stars escalated their public feud.
- Erdogan says Turkey will boycott U.S. electronics, lira steadies
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:00:47 -0400 - President Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday that Turkey would boycott electronic products from the United States, retaliating in a row with Washington that has helped drive the lira to record lows.
- Berkshire boosts Goldman, Teva stakes; buys more Apple
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 17:45:07 -0400 - Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc boosted its investments in Goldman Sachs Group Inc and Israel's Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd during the second quarter and confirmed it has expanded its already huge bet on iPhone maker Apple Inc .
- Monsanto Roundup appeal has uphill climb on 'junk science' grounds: legal experts
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 17:29:37 -0400 - Bayer AG unit Monsanto faces long odds on an appeal blaming an "inflamed" jury and "junk science" for a verdict of $289 million in damages to a man who said the company's Roundup weed killer caused his cancer, according to some legal experts.
- U.S. hedge funds bet on retail, tech in second-quarter as economy sizzled
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 17:19:50 -0400 - Prominent hedge fund managers appeared to make big second-quarter bets that the U.S. economy would continue to expand despite increasing concerns about a broadening trade dispute between the United States and China, regulatory filings showed Tuesday.
- Search for survivors after Italian motorway collapse kills at least 26
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 17:13:41 -0400 - Firefighters searched into the night on Tuesday for survivors and bodies amid the rubble of a motorway bridge that collapsed in the northern Italian port city of Genoa, killing at least 26.
- Shares rebound as Turkish lira pulls out of dive
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 16:49:10 -0400 - World share markets rebounded on Tuesday as Turkey's lira pulled out of a recent nosedive and reassuring data from Germany helped offset the latest softness in China's economy.
- Cubans cheer as internet goes nationwide for a day
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 16:44:53 -0400 - Cuba's government said it provided free internet to the Communist-run island's more than 5 million cellphone users on Tuesday, in an eight-hour test before it launches sales of the service.
- Yosemite reopens its valley, as flames and smoke linger
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 16:42:33 -0400 - The heart of Yosemite National Park in California, shut down for nearly three weeks due to a deadly wildfire, was reopened to visitors on Tuesday, but smoke limited visibility and a key route to the park's best known landmarks remained closed.