- Turkey quake kills at least 22, rescuers dig for survivors
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 07:09:19 -0500 - The death toll from a powerful earthquake in eastern Turkey reached 22 on Saturday, as rescuers searched for survivors trapped under the rubble of collapsed buildings.
- China virus toll hits 41; Australia reports first four cases
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 07:09:08 -0500 - The death toll from China's coronavirus outbreak jumped on Saturday to 41 as the Lunar New Year got off to a gloomy start, with Hong Kong declaring a virus emergency, scrapping celebrations, and restricting links to mainland China.
- Hong Kong leader declares virus emergency, halts official visits to mainland China
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 07:09:08 -0500 - Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam declared a virus emergency on Saturday, announcing measures to limit links with mainland China and prevent the spread of the new coronavirus.
- Two Rohingya women killed as Myanmar army shells village: MP
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 07:07:48 -0500 - Two women, one pregnant, were killed and seven other people injured after Myanmar troops shelled a Rohingya village on Saturday, according to a lawmaker and a villager, two days after the U.N.’s highest court ordered the country to protect the minority.
- Iraqi security forces raid Baghdad's main protest camp, shoot at demonstrators
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 07:07:06 -0500 - Iraqi security forces raided Baghdad's main protest site at Tahrir Square on Saturday, firing live rounds and tear gas at anti-government demonstrators who have camped out there for months, Reuters reporters said.
- Trump's peace plan may polarize the Middle East it seeks to calm
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 07:02:47 -0500 - As U.S. President Donald Trump prepares to host Israeli leaders in Washington to reveal details of his long-delayed Middle East peace plan, Palestinians warned on Friday that no deal could work without them on board.
- Explainer: What do we know about Trump's Mideast peace plan?
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 07:02:47 -0500 - More than two years after he first proposed a peace plan for Israel and the Palestinians, U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday he would reveal details on how he will tackle the long intractable political issues within days.
- Bodies of U.S. firefighters retrieved from Australian air crash site
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 07:01:24 -0500 - The bodies of three U.S. firefighters who died in a plane crash earlier this week in Australia's remote bushland while battling a fierce wildfire have been recovered, the police said on Saturday as investigators started probe into the accident.
- Trump's legal team to begin defense arguments at U.S. Senate impeachment trial
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 07:00:29 -0500 - Lawyers for U.S. President Donald Trump will begin his defense at the Senate impeachment trial on Saturday, offering a rebuttal to Democratic charges that he abused his power and previewing more detailed arguments planned for next week.
- Virus anxieties cast shadow over Year of the Rat festivities
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 06:25:30 -0500 - Chinese communities in Australia and New Zealand were among the first to greet the Year of the Rat on Saturday but Lunar New Year celebrations globally were marred by anxieties about the virus outbreak that has disrupted festivities in China.
- China's Wuhan to build second designated hospital to treat coronavirus patients: state media
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 06:25:30 -0500 - China's Wuhan city, the centre of the outbreak of the new coronavirus, will build a second dedicated hospital to treat patients, state media the People's Daily reported on Saturday.
- Actress Rosie Perez backs up Sciorra account in Weinstein rape trial
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 06:17:47 -0500 - Actress Rosie Perez took the stand in the rape trial of Harvey Weinstein on Friday to bolster the account of friend and fellow actress Annabella Sciorra, who said she was raped by the former Hollywood producer in the early 1990s.
- Trump impeachment: What happens next?
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 06:06:39 -0500 - After House Democrats presented their impeachment case against U.S. President Donald Trump for three days this week, Trump's defense team will begin its rebuttal on Saturday.
- Owners of solar company that caused loss for Buffett plead guilty over Ponzi scheme
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 06:05:56 -0500 - The husband-and-wife owners of DC Solar, a California solar company that caused Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc to take a $377 million charge last year, pleaded guilty on Friday to involvement in an estimated $912 million Ponzi scheme.
- The latest on the coronavirus spreading in China and beyond
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 05:56:01 -0500 - An outbreak of a new coronavirus that began in the central Chinese city of Wuhan has killed 41 people and infected more than 1,300 globally.
- Australia confirms four cases of coronavirus, expects more cases
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 04:38:36 -0500 - Australia confirmed its first four cases of the new coronavirus in two different cities on Saturday, with the country's chief health official saying he expected more cases as Australia was a popular destination for Chinese tourists.
- China's Sanya city shuts down all tourist sites to prevent spread of virus outbreak
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 03:57:17 -0500 - China's Sanya city in the southern island province of Hainan has shut down all tourist sites in the city to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the city government said on Saturday.
- China's Wuhan city to ban non-essential vehicles in downtown from Jan 26
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 03:19:41 -0500 - Government of China's central city of Wuhan said on Saturday it would ban non-essential vehicles in downtown area from Jan 26 to contain virus outbreak, the People's Daily said.
- China virus remains severe, medical supplies very tight: provincial official
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 03:13:08 -0500 - China's new coronavirus outbreak remains severe and medical supplies are very tight in Wuhan city, where the virus was first identified, an official from Hubei province said on Saturday.
- Democrats warn at impeachment trial that Trump will abuse his office again if not removed
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 02:21:44 -0500 - Democratic lawmakers concluded their opening arguments in Republican President Donald Trump's impeachment trial in the U.S. Senate on Friday with a warning that he was a threat to democracy and would abuse his power again if he is not removed from office.