CNBC is the world leader in business news and real-time financial market coverage. Find fast, actionable information.
- Tilray acquires boozy candy company Smith & Sinclair to develop CBD edibles
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 20:30 GMT - Canadian pot company Tilray has acquired U.K.-based Smith & Sinclair to create a brand of CBD-infused edibles to sell in the U.S., Canada and Europe.
- The trade war is killing the maker of the Roomba
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 20:30 GMT - Shares of iRobot plummeted after the company's top executive said tariffs from the conflict will weigh on the company's numbers throughout 2019.
- Trump and 2020 Democrats are racing to the Hamptons for fundraisers in hunt for wealthy donors
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 20:25 GMT - President Donald Trump will be heading to the Hamptons in August for a fundraiser at the home of real estate executive Joe Farrell. Tickets for the the fundraising gala start at $2,800 and go up $250,000.
- NSA: Foreign election trolls fueled by cryptocurrencies, 'influence packages'
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 20:20 GMT - Nation-states are still active on social media and working to influence public opinion and rancor, even as companies like Facebook and Twitter have tried to put controls on foreign trolls.
- New research finds differences in the brains of US embassy staff after Cuba mystery attacks
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 20:14 GMT - A new study shows differences in the brains of U.S. embassy staff who endured mysterious attacks while in Havana, Cuba, between 2016 and 2018.
- UPS expands delivery to 7 days, add locations and drone delivery
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 20:10 GMT - UPS is expanding its delivery to seven days a week on Jan. 1 and has set up a subsidiary to deliver packages via drones.
- Senate overwhelmingly passes 9/11 victim fund bill, 97-2
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 20:03 GMT - The Senate passed the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund through 2090 by a vote of 97-2 , virtually funding health care for 9/11 victims and first responders for life.
- North Carolina 'bathroom bill' suit settles, grants transgender people right to use chosen bathroom
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 19:42 GMT - Transgender people in North Carolina can use any public restroom in state-run buildings that conforms with their gender identity under a U.S. court settlement approved on Tuesday, in the latest turn of a long-running dispute that divided the state.
- Snap shares surge as results smash estimates
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 19:31 GMT - Snap shares soared in after-hours trading on Tuesday after the company lowered losses, beat on revenue and continued growing its user base.
- Chipotle earnings top estimates as digital sales nearly double, shares jump 4%
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 19:31 GMT - The company's stock recently set an all-time high, passing a previous record set before the chain's foodborne illness woes began in 2015.
- The Fed has three options. Here's the difference between them, and why anything could happen
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 19:15 GMT - Policymakers either can choose to hold interest rates steady, cut by a quarter point or cut by half a point. Raising rates isn't an option.
- Deutsche Bank reportedly flagged Jeffrey Epstein's overseas transactions to US watchdog
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 19:11 GMT - The transactions, which involved Jeffrey Epstein moving money out of the United States, were flagged after Deutsche Bank reportedly began looking for indications that he was using his money for sex trafficking.
- Stanley Druckenmiller on budget deal: Politicians will act this way until the markets 'revolt'
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 19:10 GMT - Stanley Druckenmiller warned that the new budget deal struck earlier this week will only add to an already-dangerous national debt problem.
- Coca-Cola and Pepsi push into energy drinks as soda consumption falls
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 19:08 GMT - As soda consumption declines in the U.S., Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are trying to leverage the name recognition of their legacy brands to push into energy drinks.
- Elizabeth Warren introduces bill to reduce student debt for 45 million people. How it would work
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 18:33 GMT - Sen. Elizabeth Warren introduced a bill Tuesday that would forgive the student debt of tens of millions of Americans.
- Trump sues House Ways and Means panel to block disclosure of his tax returns
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 18:29 GMT - President Trump filed a lawsuit against the House Ways and Means Committee, the New York state's attorney general and tax chief to block the disclosure of years of his tax returns.
- Petraeus warns of risk of 'inadvertent escalation' of Iran situation
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 18:22 GMT - Petraeus also said during an interview on CNBC's "Halftime Report" that it is "not clear what" the Trump administration's "policy is in the Middle East regarding Iran's nuclear program."
- AG Barr says tech companies need to make encrypted messages accessible to law enforcement
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 18:20 GMT - The attorney general warned that time is running out for tech companies to help law enforcement access encrypted messages during investigations.
- US, China in-person trade talks expected next week; White House eyes longer-term timeline for deal
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 17:58 GMT - As it may take months for the U.S. and China to reach a deal, White House officials could shift their focus to ratifying the USMCA deal.
- Bed Bath and Beyond to cut 7% of corporate staff, eliminate operating chief role
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 17:50 GMT - Bed Bath and Beyond announced on Tuesday that as part of its efforts to reduce costs, it will cut its corporate staff by 7% and eliminate the chief operating officer role. The stock was down 1% after the news.
- 'Anonymous' data might not be so anonymous, study shows
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 17:26 GMT - Typical de-identification techniques might not be enough to keep personal data private, study suggests.
- Hasbro stands to make millions from Marvel's Phase 4 slate
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 17:25 GMT - Hasbro has held the master license for Marvel for over a decade and, if Marvel's upcoming slate is any indication, the toymaker stands to make millions in the coming years.
- This 60-year-old man is accused of laundering $19 million of bitcoin he earned on the dark web
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 17:14 GMT - If convicted, 60-year-old Hugh Brian Haney could be sentenced to 30 years in prison.
- Zion Williamson signs deal with Nike's Jordan brand
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 16:47 GMT - The No. 1 pick in this year's NBA Draft, Zion Williamson, has signed with Nike's Jordan brand, the company announced on Tuesday.
- Ford targets Tesla with its new electric truck claim
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 16:21 GMT - Ford is going on the offensive to defend its highly profitable pickup franchise from emerging all-electric truck competitors such as Tesla. The company on Tuesday released an EV pickup prototype capable of towing more than 1 million pounds.
- Coca-Cola CEO: 'The storm never arrived' as beverage giant raises revenue forecast
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 15:16 GMT - Coca-Cola CEO James Quincey said "the clouds" are still present even though it is feeling more optimistic about the second half of the year.
- Apple just made it easier than ever to set up a new iPhone
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 14:37 GMT - Apple's new iOS 12.4 update makes it easier to transfer your data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone without having to rely on an iCloud backup if you don't have one.
- A big buying opportunity is unfolding in the market, Wall Street bull Tony Dwyer says
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 12:30 GMT - Canaccord Genuity's Tony Dwyer believes stocks are about to fall as much as 5% from their all-time highs.
- Here's what we know about new UK PM Boris Johnson and what he means for Brexit
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 11:17 GMT - Boris Johnson is to be the U.K.'s next prime minister but the charismatic and controversial figure will already divides the party and British public alike.
- Hedge against FANG earnings with this ETF strategy
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 11:00 GMT - Exchange-traded fund experts offer strategies for playing tech giants' stocks ahead of this week's earnings reports for three FANG companies.