- Trump hits the brakes on releasing classified Russia probe documents
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 16:30 GMT - President Donald Trump paused his controversial plan to declassify and publicly release sections of documents.
- Billionaire Mario Gabelli: I wish the stock market would drop so I could get better bargains
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 16:15 GMT - "I'd like them to go down because I like to buy things cheap," the founder Gamco Investors says.
- Don't lump us into the investor frenzy around pot stock Tilray, says CEO of rival Canopy Growth
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 16:08 GMT - The crazy trading around Tilray should not be viewed as typical for investors in pot stocks, says Bruce Linton, CEO of rival Canopy Growth.
- Duke Energy says dam breached at North Carolina plant and coal ash may be flowing into Cape Fear River
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:43 GMT - A Duke Energy dam containing a lake in North Carolina was breached Friday, possibly causing coal ash to flow into the nearby Cape Fear River, the company said.
- This early career move can determine if you make $60,000 or $24,000 a year
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:34 GMT - Students who have a good job lined up for them after college are more than twice as likely to be earning $60,000 or more a year than graduates who took between two and 12 months to secure a good job.
- Shares of luxury online marketplace Farfetch jump 43 percent in IPO's first minutes of trading
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:32 GMT - With a $6.2 billion valuation and $385 million in revenue, Farfetch is trading a richer valuation than even Amazon.
- Homebuilder shares plunge after JP Morgan says housing recovery will be 'tepid,' downgrading 5 stocks
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:29 GMT - Homebuilder stocks are tanking after J.P. Morgan said it is "more cautious" about the sector's prospects.
- 3 places for a tropical beachfront retirement outside the hurricane zone
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:28 GMT - You can live the laidback tropical lifestyle of beachfront retirement with no worries about the need for expensive hurricane insurance, according to International Living.
- You can now freeze your credit for free—here's one situation when you definitely should
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:14 GMT - "Think of a credit freeze as a state-of-the-art home security system that helps keep the bad guys out."
- France bans smartphones in schools through 9th grade to try to get students to pay attention more
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:13 GMT - France's education ministry hopes that its smartphone ban will get schoolchildren to pay more attention in class and interact more, The New York Times reports. Students' reply? "Annoying," one teenager said.
- Red state Democrat McCaskill prepares for Trump onslaught as she opposes Kavanaugh nomination
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 15:12 GMT - McCaskill, saying Kavanaugh will boost the influence of wealthy donors in elections, became the first of the five most vulnerable Senate Democrats to oppose Trump's choice.
- The US Secret Service just ordered a Harley-Davidson motorcycle despite Trump's call for a boycott
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:53 GMT - Less than a month after President Donald Trump called for a boycott of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, the US Secret Service has ordered one, The Milwaukee Business Journal reports.
- I made the switch from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy Note 9 — this is what I love and what I'll miss
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:44 GMT - If you're going to make the switch from Apple to Android, prepare to give up these features but also get some new ones.
- US spends $81 billion a year to protect global oil supplies, report estimates
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:34 GMT - The United States military spends about $81 billion a year to protect oil supplies around the world and keep fossil fuels flowing into American gas stations, according to Securing America's Future Energy.
- Why Les Moonves might still get $120 million From CBS
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:29 GMT - Just because Leslie Moonves was forced out as CBS's chairman and chief executive doesn't mean he is going to quietly walk away from $120 million, The New York Times reports.
- US is getting 'very, very close' to moving ahead on a trade deal without Canada, Hassett says
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:27 GMT - The U.S. and Mexico are prepared to move ahead alone on a new trade agreement, and Canada may get left behind, a top White House official says.
- Alzheimer's disease, dementia cases to double by 2060
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:18 GMT - The number of people projected to have Alzheimer's disease or dementia in the United States is expected to double by 2060, says a study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. USAToday reports.
- Many consumers loosening purse strings for upcoming holiday shopping season
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:15 GMT - Over a quarter of consumers say they'll spend more on gifts than they did last year. Among millennials, that share is 41 percent.
- Kavanaugh ally's bizarre mistaken identity theory about assault accusation blows up in his face
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:10 GMT - A conservative commentator apologizes for identifying another person in his tweet rebutting Christine Blasey Ford's accusations against Brett Kavanaugh.
- Jefferies says AMD could triple its market share due to Intel's supply problem
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:02 GMT - Jefferies raises its price target for AMD shares, predicting big market share gains for the chipmaker due to Intel's processor shortages.
- Tesla rival Nio is on a tear since its debut, but market watchers are cautious
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 13:57 GMT - Shares of the Shanghai-based Tesla rival have surged since debuting in the public market last week. But some investors are cautious, noting the stock has fallen from its post-IPO high.
- Americans think 22 is the ideal age to get a credit card—but money experts disagree
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 13:39 GMT - "Opening your first credit card is an important step."
- California GOP House candidate Kim takes slight lead over Democrat Cisneros in crucial CA race
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 13:37 GMT - A fresh poll in a closely watched congressional race in Southern California shows Republican Young Kim pulling out front despite being outspent nearly 5 to 1 by her challenger, Democrat Gil Cisneros.
- 'The whole world economy' is at risk if US-China trade war gets much worse, SocGen chair
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 13:34 GMT - he financial markets are not paying enough attention to the escalating U.S.-China trade war, Societe Generale's Lorenzo Bini Smaghi says.
- Just 96 of 30,000 people who applied for public service loan forgiveness actually got it
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 13:29 GMT - Less than one percent of people who've applied for public service loan forgiveness actually got it.
- Airbnb wants hosts to own a stake in the company, so it's asking the SEC for a rule change
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 13:28 GMT - Airbnb hosts are closer to paid partners than employees or investors, who would be eligible for stock options and equity ownership under current SEC rules for private companies.
- Anthony Bourdain's $3.7 million Manhattan apartment is for sale
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 13:22 GMT - The five-bedroom apartment has Italian marble bathrooms and bamboo hardwood floors.
- Cramer: Investors buying pot stocks now are making a mistake — 'I don't want people to get hurt'
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 13:16 GMT - Canada's legalization of recreational marijuana-use next month is not going to produce the 'high' that investors think, CNBC's Jim Cramer warns.
- Theresa May says the UK and EU are at an 'impasse' on Brexit — sterling slides to a low
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 13:16 GMT - Theresa May said Friday that talks with the European Union have stalled.
- This is the No. 1 thing Neil Patrick Harris hates to spend a lot of money on
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 13:00 GMT - Hint: He has a penchant for Overstock.com.