- There's a new oil bonanza in one of South America's poorest countries: Guyana
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 14:50 GMT - Guyana, a largely underdeveloped country on South America’s northern Atlantic coast, is the unlikely setting for the world’s next big oil boom. But is it ready to handle the riches? The New York Times reports.
- If Iran tries to close this strait crucial to the oil trade, the US Navy can unblock it quickly — Admiral Stavridis
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 14:45 GMT - What war in the Strait of Hormuz could look like
- Your 1st month in London would cost $3,207—here's what you need to try the world's priciest cities
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 14:38 GMT - What it costs to start over in places like Sydney, Hong Kong and Amsterdam.
- Trump doubles down on claim that Carter Page FISA documents discredit Mueller probe, without evidence
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 14:27 GMT - President Donald Trump on Monday reiterated claims that the release of top-secret documents related to FBI wiretapping of his former campaign aide Carter Page "discredited" special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe.
- Pinterest nears $1 billion in ad revenue and aims to go public in mid-2019
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 14:26 GMT - Sources say Pinterest's financials say it is on track to hit $1 billion in ad revenue by 2019, and has a current valuation of $13 to $15 billion. While it is a "must-buy" advertising platform for some, others feel it can't reach a mass audience.
- Former CEO of large multinational: Trump's trade war will raise prices for consumers and could trigger a recession
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 14:25 GMT - If President Trump follows through on his threats, U.S. consumers will see rapid rises in the prices.
- Existing home sales fall for third straight month
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 14:14 GMT - Existing home sales fell 0.6 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.38 million units last month.
- Markets are ignoring Trump tweets more and more, UBS economist says
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:44 GMT - Threats to Iran and questions over Fed policy have not sent assets on a wild ride.
- Trump rips into 'The Amazon Washington Post' after report on North Korea talks
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:42 GMT - Trump again raises the possibility of bringing antitrust claims against Amazon.
- Papa John's 'is not a trusted brand,' expect sales and employee morale to plummet
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:40 GMT - The ongoing battle between Papa John's and its founder is putting the company in a precarious position, threatening not just future sales, but employee and franchisee commitment to the brand.
- Bitcoin rallies 5%, building steam after a tough few months for cryptocurrency
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:26 GMT - Bitcoin continued its rally Monday, shrugging off regulatory and security worries that have dragged down cryptocurrency prices this year.
- The bottom half is bolstering the US economy, thanks to borrowing
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:19 GMT - U.S. household data shows that the bottom 60 percent of income-earners have accounted for most of the rise in spending over the past two years, but the income gap is widening.
- Leon Cooperman is converting his hedge fund into a family office: 'I don’t want to spend the rest of my life chasing the S&P 500'
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:12 GMT - Omega Advisors is converting to a family office at the end of 2018, according to an investor letter obtained by CNBC.
- Facebook to double office presence in London
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:06 GMT - The social network did not say how many jobs it would add in the British capital.
- Fiat Chrysler loses Sergio Marchionne with bumpy road ahead
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:05 GMT - Fiat Chrysler hastily replaced its chief executive over the weekend, adding to the list of issues it has to tackle within the company and the auto industry in general. The New York Times reports.
- Trump's ex-aide Manafort due in court over bid to delay trial
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:02 GMT - A federal judge will weigh President Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort’s bid to delay a criminal trial scheduled to begin this week on more than two dozen financial charges.
- The one skill that helps you get ahead regardless of your degree
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 13:00 GMT - Forget the MBA. There's only one skill you need, and anyone can do it.
- Strategist Mark Grant: Trump has a right to call out the Fed if it's not acting in the US best interest
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 12:48 GMT - Grant says if the Federal Reserve continues raising interest rates it will slow down economic growth.
- Goldman says an all-out trade war would lower earnings for US companies by 15%
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 12:41 GMT - The acceleration of U.S. trade actions poses a risk to S&P 500 earnings through falling export revenues and rising input costs for American companies, according to Goldman Sachs.
- Jamie Dimon says tariffs could reverse Trump's economic boom
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 12:09 GMT - J.P. Morgan chief Jamie Dimon gives a mixed review of President Trump's economic policies.
- Don’t call it retirement. Call it 'transitioning to a new chapter'
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:57 GMT - Perhaps we need to replace the word “retirement” with “transition,” a term that means movement, passage or change from one stage to another.
- Iran dismisses Trump's explosive threat to its country's leader
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:35 GMT - Iranians shrugged off the possibility that a bellicose exchange of words between President Donald Trump and his Iranian counterpart could escalate into military conflict.
- Tesla shares drop after carmaker reportedly asks its suppliers for refunds to reach profitability
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:34 GMT - Tesla is reportedly requesting its suppliers to give cash back from previous payments to help the carmaker become profitable.
- Apollo to buy LifePoint in the latest billion-dollar private-equity bet on health care
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:20 GMT - Private-equity firm Apollo Global Management will buy LifePoint Health in a deal valued at about $5.6 billion, the U.S. hospital operator said.
- Retail stocks are proving that Amazon is not the industry-killer everyone feared
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:11 GMT - What Amazon threat? One chart watcher says retail stocks could break out to records.
- Six months later, stock market struggles to return to record high
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:01 GMT - Stocks last hit a record high on Jan. 26, in an exuberant New Year's embrace of risk before a sharp correction.
- Toymaker Hasbro's shares soar 12% after revenue and profit top estimates
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:52 GMT - Toymaker Hasbro topped Wall Street estimates for quarterly revenue, as the company managed to move past the liquidation of retailer Toys 'R' Us.
- A decade after the financial crisis, a $600 trillion market remains murky to regulators
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:39 GMT - A legal loophole allows major banks to avoid telling American authorities about certain trading in financial instruments known as derivatives.
- G-20 leaders call for stepped-up dialogue to prevent trade and geopolitical tensions from hurting economic growth
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:13 GMT - The finance ministers and central bank governors from the world's 20 largest economies warned that growth, while still strong, was becoming less synchronized and downside risks over the short- and medium-term had increased.
- France's Atos to buy US IT giant Syntel for about $3.57 billion
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 09:35 GMT - France's Atos agreed to acquire U.S.-based Syntel in an all-cash transaction valued at about $3.57 billion, including net debt, the companies said.