CNBC is the world leader in business news and real-time financial market coverage. Find fast, actionable information.
- Investors are terrified of something a year from now and they're placing bets to hedge themselves
- Tue, 10 Dec 2019 02:28:14 GMT - Stock investors are hedging in a big way against something scary coming at them this time next year, after the presidential election.
- Democrats to announce articles of impeachment against Trump on Tuesday
- Tue, 10 Dec 2019 03:06:52 GMT - Announcement of the articles of impeachment would follow a marathon day of hearings on President Donald Trump's dealings with Ukraine, NBC News reports.
- It could be time to buy defensive stocks if the rally slows down. Here are some favorites
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:09:41 GMT - Uncertainty around the U.S.-China trade war and the 2020 election causing Wall Street firms to recommend buying into defensive stocks.
- Read the memo dog-walking start-up Wag's CEO sent employees about SoftBank withdrawal and layoffs
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 22:26:00 GMT - SoftBank's $100 billion Vision Fund has come under scrutiny for plowing money into unprofitable start-ups, such as WeWork and Uber. WeWork's spectacular rise and fall has shaped SoftBank's decision to curb its high-risk investment strategy for Vision Fund 2.
- Trump says DOJ report 'far worse than I would have ever thought possible,' despite no finding of political bias
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:11:02 GMT - The department's inspector general reported that there was no evidence of political bias at the root of the Trump-Russia investigation, and undermined Trump's claims that his campaign was illegally spied upon by "deep state" Washington bureaucrats.
- Former Boeing manager says he warned company of problems prior to 737 crashes
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 23:09:52 GMT - "For the first time in my life, I'm sorry to say that I'm hesitant about putting my family on a Boeing airplane," Ed Pierson wrote to a company executive before the first tragedy.
- Asia stocks mostly slip as China consumer inflation jumps in November
- Tue, 10 Dec 2019 02:03:40 GMT - Chinese consumer inflation jumped in November, according to date released by the country's National Bureau of Statistics on Tuesday.
- Trump family member had 'personal' relationship with dossier author Christopher Steele, report says — it may have been Ivanka
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:28:23 GMT - Christopher Steele met President Trump's daughter Ivanka at a dinner in 2007 and remained in touch for some time thereafter, according to an ABC News report.
- China consumer prices rise at fastest pace in nearly 8 years, driven by a surge in pork prices
- Tue, 10 Dec 2019 02:47:55 GMT - Consumer prices rose at their fastest pace in almost eight years, driven mostly by a surge in pork prices as African Swine Fever ravaged the country's hog herds.
- Apple has 'deep concerns' that ex-employees accused of theft will flee to China
- Tue, 10 Dec 2019 03:00:47 GMT - Apple on Monday told a federal court it has "deep concerns" that two Chinese-born former employees accused of stealing trade secrets from the company will try to flee before their trials if their locations are not monitored.
- NBA denies Houston Rockets protest in Dec. 3 loss to San Antonio Spurs
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 23:31:12 GMT - The National Basketball Association denied the Houston Rockets' protest of their Dec. 3 contest against the San Antonio Spurs, which resulted in a 135-133 double-overtime loss, the league announced.
- Trump impeachment evidence presented at contentious Judiciary Committee hearing
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 23:15:54 GMT - The Judiciary Committee was the scene of bitter partisan sparring, as lawmakers questioned staff attorneys who presented the evidence in the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.
- Why Lockheed Martin gets billions in taxpayer money each year
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 18:46:15 GMT - Lockheed Martin is the top-grossing defense firm in the world with $37 billion coming directly from the United States government, according to the company's 2018 annual report. It eclipses its closest competitors by nearly $20 billion. Here's why Lockheed Martin gets billions from American taxpayers each year.
- This is Tom Brady's actual resume from 2000—before he knew he'd make it in the NFL
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 20:52:25 GMT - Tom Brady had been determined to become a professional football player since his childhood days idolizing quarterback Joe Montana. Brady has said he "struggled" in college and was "never the first guy chosen" as a young athlete. Perhaps that why a then 22-year-old Brady put together a resume listing his summer internships at Merrill Lynch and odd jobs he had in school. You never know when you'll need a backup plan.
- Elon Musk showed off his Tesla Cybertruck at an upscale Malibu restaurant this weekend
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 20:38:51 GMT - In the videos, the truck appears to be equipped with manufacturer's plates, meaning that while it may not be street legal yet, it can be driven on roads for testing.
- Former lobbyist and Biden's current campaign chairman is helping raise cash for the former VP
- Tue, 10 Dec 2019 01:19:08 GMT - Former lobbyist turned Biden campaign chairman Steve Ricchetti is hosting a fundraising event for the former vice president in Washington D.C. Multiple lobbyists were invited to attend.
- JP Morgan downgraded by KBW: 'Estimates cannot support current valuation'
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 22:57:11 GMT - J.P. Morgan stock is up more than 37 percent this year, but analysts at Keefe Bruyette & Woods don't expect a repeat in 2020.
- How to use options to trade Lululemon into earnings
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 16:28:22 GMT - Don't look now, but Lululemon is on the verge of doubling up its value in 2019. The stock reports earnings on Wednesday. How should you play it?
- Lululemon COO to leave for luggage maker Away
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 23:30:44 GMT - Travel lifestyle brand, Away, says Steph Korey, current CEO and CO, will assume role of executive chairman.
- AT&T shares can go 'much, much higher' from here if management can deliver, Jim Cramer says
- Tue, 10 Dec 2019 00:51:58 GMT - A MoffettNathanson analyst last month issued a sell rating on AT&T's stock. "Mad Money's" Jim Cramer says the call misses the forest for the trees.
- J&J CEO spurns US congressional hearing on carcinogens in talc products
- Tue, 10 Dec 2019 01:10:28 GMT - Johnson & Johnson Chief Executive Officer Alex Gorsky has declined to appear at a U.S. congressional hearing set for Tuesday on the safety of the company's Baby Powder and other talc-based cosmetics.
- Coca-Cola CEO says the beverage giant waited too long to make a sparkling water brand
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:51:48 GMT - Coca-Cola CEO James Quincey said that the beverage giant waited too long to make a sparkling water brand.
- Comey takes a victory lap after DOJ report on Trump-Russia probe, says Fox & Friends canceled him
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 23:03:43 GMT - A spokesperson for Fox denied Comey's claim that he had been bumped from Trump's favorite morning show.
- Pete Frates, inspiration for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, dies at 34
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 19:34:37 GMT - "He was a noble fighter who inspired us all to use our talents and strengths in the service of others," the Frates family said in a statement Monday, NBC News reports.
- Former Boeing employee who raised concerns about 737 Max production to testify at hearing
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 23:01:28 GMT - A former Boeing employee who raised concerns about 737 production will testify on Wednesday at a U.S. House hearing on the Federal Aviation Administration review of the grounded 737 Max.
- Alphabet names new board member in wake of CEO change
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 22:33:55 GMT - Frances Arnold becomes the third woman on Alphabet's 11-person board of directors.
- Stocks making the biggest moves after hours: Stitch Fix, Agilent, Toll Brothers and more
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 23:15:57 GMT - See which stocks are posting big moves after the bell on Monday.
- Pete Buttigieg vows to open his fundraisers, reveal McKinsey client list after Warren attacks
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 22:15:02 GMT - Democratic presidential contender Pete Buttigieg, in a new transparency push, will reveal the identities of his campaign bundlers and the clients for whom he worked while a consultant at McKinsey & Co. nearly a decade ago, his campaign said on Monday.
- Agilent shares rise after Bill Ackman stake revealed
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:35:13 GMT - Agilent Technologies gain after-hours trading after hedge fund investor Bill Ackman revealed he has taken a stake in the company.
- Trump says Clinton was tougher opponent than Biden would be
- Sun, 23 Jun 2019 15:49:38 GMT - In an interview with "Meet the Press," the president says his 2016 foe was "ruthless" compared with "sleepy Joe."