CNBC is the world leader in business news and real-time financial market coverage. Find fast, actionable information.
- Hundreds sign online petition supporting woman suing JD.com CEO in rape case
- Sat, 20 Apr 2019 06:08 GMT - Hundreds of people have added their names to an online petition in support of a University of Minnesota student who said she was raped by Richard Liu, the chief executive officer of China's e-commerce retailer JD.com.
- China to show new warships as Beijing flexes military muscle on navy anniversary
- Sat, 20 Apr 2019 05:27 GMT - China will show off new warships including nuclear submarines and destroyers at a parade next week marking 70 years since its navy's founding, a senior commander said on Saturday.
- China will keep supporting economy as 'pressure' lingers, says top decision-making body
- Sat, 20 Apr 2019 03:35 GMT - China will maintain policy support for the economy, which still faces "downward pressure" and difficulties after better-than-expected first quarter growth, the Communist Party's top decision-making body said on Friday.
- US Secretary of State Pompeo says nothing's changed on North Korea talks: 'It'll be my team'
- Sat, 20 Apr 2019 02:48 GMT - "Nothing has changed. We'll continue to work to negotiate; still in charge of the team. President Trump's obviously in charge of the overall effort, but it'll be my team," Secratary of State Mike Pompeo told reporters in Washington.
- Tesla to shrink board to seven directors from 11
- Sat, 20 Apr 2019 02:12 GMT - Tesla said on Friday that four members of its eleven-member board would be leaving over the next two years, as the electric car company looks to streamline its board.
- Elizabeth Warren calls for start of impeachment proceedings against Trump
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 20:50 GMT - Warren is the first Democrat running for president in 2020 to make a full-throated call for the initiation of the impeachment process.
- Restaurants are investing in photogenic decor to attract Instagram users
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 17:17 GMT - Restaurants took note of the free marketing possibilities and are now making more expensive investments — from customized tiles to handmade tables.
- Lawmakers call for Zuckerberg to be held accountable for Facebook's privacy fumbles
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 16:49 GMT - Regulators and lawmakers worldwide have begun to take a firmer stance against executives whose companies are found guilty of wrongdoing.
- Biden hires over a dozen senior advisors from Obama administration for 2020 campaign: Sources
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 16:24 GMT - Sources said the people didn't work within Biden's office, but have campaign experience ranging from political consulting to communications.
- AB InBev alleges that a MillerCoors executive thanked the brewer for its corn syrup ad
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 15:49 GMT - Anheuser-Busch responded to MillerCoors' lawsuit about the controversial Bud Light ad that started airing during the Super Bowl.
- 'Dungeons and Dragons' Kickstarter breaks record with $11.3 million campaign
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 15:28 GMT - By the close of the campaign Thursday, "Critical Role" fans had raised more than $11.3 million to fund a "Dungeons and Dragons" animated series. The project has become the most successful film or television campaign in Kickstarter history.
- Samsung's $2,000 folding phone gave me a tantalizing glimpse of the future — before it broke
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 15:00 GMT - Samsung's Galaxy Fold is a remarkable phone that shows what future foldable devices will eventually be like, allowing you to unfold your phone into a tablet, but this $2,000 phone broke after two days of testing.
- Joe Biden set to announce presidential run next week
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 14:36 GMT - Discussions about the exact timing of the former VP's entry in the crowded field is ongoing and subject to change, advisers told NBC.
- I spent a day delivering weed in Los Angeles—here's what it was like and how much money you can make
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 14:00 GMT - "The great thing about this job is you're always bringing happiness."
- America's favorite fruit could go extinct
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 13:53 GMT - The banana barely grows in the U.S., but it's the country's favorite fruit. And it's at risk — a deadly fungus is spreading around the world, infecting banana plantations with what's called Panama disease.
- Trump says claims in Mueller report are 'total bulls--t'
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 13:43 GMT - President Donald Trump tweeted Friday that he did not need to respond to what he said were bogus claims in the report.
- Earnings and data could be proof that slowdown fears were overblown
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 13:30 GMT - Earnings season shifts into a higher gear, as investors also watch for fresh economic data that could show that the economy is pulling out of a temporary rut.
- House Judiciary Committee issues subpoena for full Mueller report
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 13:15 GMT - The report provided extensive details on Trump's efforts to thwart Mueller's Russia investigation, giving Democrats plenty of political ammunition against the Republican president but no consensus on how to use it.
- Land Rover's new lineup has some of the world's fastest SUVs, including the new Range Rover Velar
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 13:00 GMT - Odds are it will take you longer to say "Land Rover Range Rover Velar SVAutobiography Dynamic Edition" than it takes for the new SUV to hit 60.
- New college graduates enjoy the best job market in years with more offers and better salaries
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:30 GMT - Those armed with a newly minted diploma will enjoy the best job market in years.
- Top progressive pundit says Dems are worried about Bernie Sanders winning the White House in 2020
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:30 GMT - "Bernie right now has a better chance of winning than rest of field combined," said Cenk Uygur, founder of progressive news network TYT and host of "The Young Turks," who supported Sanders in 2016.
- Top execs at American weed retailer MedMen quit amid ex-CFO's claims of financial duress
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:24 GMT - The chief operating officer and general counsel of MedMen have both resigned amid an employee shakeup at the American marijuana retailer.
- Zoom's CEO emigrated from China and spoke little English—now he's worth almost $3 billion
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:00 GMT - Eric Yuan started Zoom in 2011 after helping build WebEx. His company is now worth $15.9 billion after its IPO, and Yuan owns about 20%.
- Judge upholds New York City's mandatory measles vaccination order
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 03:19 GMT - A Brooklyn judge on Thursday ruled against a group of parents who challenged New York City's recently imposed mandatory measles vaccination order.
- Nintendo shares surge more than 14% after tie-up with Tencent to sell Switch console in China
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 02:05 GMT - Tencent won approval from regulators to sell the Nintendo Switch in China, but analysts warned there are still more regulatory hurdles to overcome.
- SEC, Tesla CEO Elon Musk seek one-week delay to resolve contempt motion
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 21:21 GMT - On April 4, a federal judge gave Musk and the SEC two weeks to work out their differences, punting a request from the agency to hold him in contempt of court for allegedly violating an October securities fraud settlement. Now they want one more week.
- Economy could be 'a lot of power' for GOP heading into 2020 elections, says strategist Jim Paulsen
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 21:05 GMT - "We may look back on this and say that the slowdown, if there was one here in 2019, might have been great timing for the Republican Party," says Leuthold Group's Jim Paulsen.
- How India's economy went from weak to fastest growing in the world
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 20:58 GMT - India's economy is the fastest growing large economy surpassing China.
- Here's why special counsel Robert Mueller did not say whether Trump obstructed justice
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 17:50 GMT - The Mueller report says evidence obtained about Trump's "actions and intent" makes it difficult to determine whether a crime occurred.
- ConocoPhillips exits UK oil and gas production in huge $2.7 billion North Sea sale
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:33 GMT - ConocoPhillips strikes the largest transaction in the exploration and production space outside the U.S. this year.