Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- UK households' mood boosted by easing inflation squeeze
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 07:34:20 -0400 - British households grew more positive about their finances this month as they faced less of a squeeze from inflation and benefited from higher pay - though most will be in for a shock if the Bank of England raises interest rates next month. Laura Frykberg reports.
- Weak summer fares, strikes clip Ryanair's wings
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 07:33:32 -0400 - Ryanair has warned that average fares would be lower than expected during its key summer period due to high competition, unusually hot weather in Northern Europe and uncertainty caused by a series of strikes. Thuy Ong reports.
- Some Americans stretched thin even in booming economy
- Mon, 23 Jul 2018 06:23:31 -0400 - Beyond the headlines of roaring economic growth in the U.S.,Reuters uncovers that the bottom half of income-earners are struggling to pay bills, fleecing their savings and piling on debt.
- Fiat Chrysler picks Jeep boss as new CEO
- Sat, 21 Jul 2018 20:23:02 -0400 - Fiat Chrysler said Saturday Sergio Marchionne was replaced by the head of the firm's Jeep division, Mike Manley, after the health of the carmaker's long-time boss deteriorated sharply following shoulder surgery.
- Amazon, GM, Alcoa lobby to head off tariffs
- Sat, 21 Jul 2018 02:56:23 -0400 - Big U.S. companies from Amazon to General Motors and Alcoa are working to counter the effect of the Trump administration's trade policies and to head off new tariffs.
- Wall Street ends flat amid trade fears
- Fri, 20 Jul 2018 17:22:08 -0400 - U.S. stocks were largely unchanged on Friday. As Fred Katayama reports, President Donald Trump's latest tariff threats against China escalated trade anxieties.
- Microsoft soars past $800 billion in value
- Fri, 20 Jul 2018 16:05:32 -0400 - Shares of Microsoft rose after the company reported another blockbuster quarter, giving it a market valuation of over $800 billion. Fred Katayama reports.
- Trump threatens tariffs on all $500 bln of Chinese imports
- Fri, 20 Jul 2018 15:34:19 -0400 - President Donald Trump said he was ready to impose tariffs on all $500 billion of imported goods from China, sending the U.S. stock market and dollar retreating. Fred Katayama reports.
- Rebalance out of tech into cyclicals and staples, says Ken Kamen
- Fri, 20 Jul 2018 15:03:33 -0400 - Mercadien Asset Management's president also tells Reuters' Fred Katayama to move into small caps and financial stocks.
- UK's Brexit plans useful, but questions remain - Barnier
- Fri, 20 Jul 2018 12:03:18 -0400 - EU's chief negotiator Michel Barnier gives Theresa May some slight relief as he said her white paper contains 'constructive element's, but questions still remain. Francis Maguire reports.
- Blue goes green in Luxembourg
- Fri, 20 Jul 2018 11:40:50 -0400 - Luxembourg's police are deploying electric Tesla S vechicles in patrols for its quick acceleration and to reduce carbon emissions. Thuy Ong reports.
- Breakingviews TV: China shop
- Fri, 20 Jul 2018 11:30:38 -0400 - Social-networking e-commerce app Pinduoduo is seeking a $20 billion valuation in a New York IPO. The Shanghai-based company’s business model and corporate governance could flummox investors, though. Breakingviews columnists Alec Macfarlane and Robyn Mak discuss the challenges.
- Power helps drive GE profit down 30 percent
- Fri, 20 Jul 2018 10:59:12 -0400 - GE's quarterly profit due to weakness in its power and renewables energy businesses, while rising sales of aircraft parts and services boosted Honeywell's earnings. Fred Katayama reports.