Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Wall Street falls as health shares drag
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 17:20:26 -0500 - U.S. stocks pulled back Monday from near-record levels, as Apple and healthcare shares fell and investors braced for a busy week of political and economic news. Fred Katayama reports.
- Potential takeover target in healthcare: analyst
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 15:13:00 -0500 - Amid a flurry of deals in the healthcare sector Monday, Catalyst Funds' David Miller says Amarin is a possible acquisition target. He tells Reuters' Fred Katayama many insiders are buying shares of that biopharmaceutical maker.
- Former Fed Chief Paul Volcker, inflation tamer, dies
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 13:47:25 -0500 - Former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker, famed for turning the position of Fed chief into a rock star and for taming crippling inflation in the 1980s, died on Monday. Conway G. Gittens has a look back at his career.
- Breakingviews TV: PG&E pays up
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 12:52:49 -0500 - The bankrupt Californian utility has pledged $13.5 billion to victims of wildfires it caused, but that’s only one step in a complex fight among rival creditors. A crunch date of June may focus minds, Robert Cyran explains.
- M&A Monday in healthcare: Merck, Sanofi, UnitedHealth
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 12:48:26 -0500 - Merck buys ArQule for $2.7 billion; Synthorex sells itself to Sanofi for $2.5 billion, and UnitedHealth buys Diplomat Pharmacy. Fred Katayama reports.
- In Ghana, oil makes one fortune, breaks another
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 11:08:26 -0500 - Shares in Tullow Oil sank almost 70% Monday after it said its output in Ghana was falling short of hopes. But for one local Ghanaian firm, there's cause for celebration. Julian Satterthwaite reports.
- Just Eat takeover battle hots up
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 11:10:26 -0500 - Prosus raised its unsolicited cash offer for British food delivery service Just Eat to $6.5 billion on Monday, ratcheting up the pressure on rival bidder Takeaway.com. David Pollard reports.
- Tesco shares jump on possible Asia unit sale
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 07:10:26 -0500 - Shares in Tesco jumped Monday after it said it was reviewing its operations in Thailand and Malaysia. Julian Satterthwaite reports.
- Surprise export surge gives Germany a boost
- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 07:04:26 -0500 - Germany's exports rose unexpectedly in October, with demand from beyond Europe offering a boost to the continent's largest economy. China's export numbers also surprised - but with an unexpected downturn. David Pollard reports.
- Musk wins defamation trial over 'pedo guy' tweet
- Fri, 06 Dec 2019 20:54:26 -0500 - A U.S. District Court jury in Los Angeles on Friday found in favor of Tesla boss Elon Musk in the defamation lawsuit brought against him by a British cave explorer who Musk had branded a "pedo guy" on Twitter. Freddie Joyner has more.