Companies RSS Feed
- Ryanair Christmas pilot strike averted as union recognition is on the table
- 2017-12-15T09:35:59+00:00 - Europe's largest airline faced the threat of a pilot strike that could have impacted its festive schedule.
- What stays, what goes: Disney and Murdoch Family after the mega deal
- 2017-12-15T06:00:00+00:00 - With the deal, Disney gets the Fox movie business, including Twentieth Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures and Fox 2000.
- Delta orders 100 Airbus jets valued at over $12.7bn
- 2017-12-14T16:20:04+00:00 - The airline's selection of Airbus jets comes after Boeing challenged a smaller Delta order of planes from Canada's Bombardier.
- Disney buying large part of 21st Century Fox in $52.4bn deal
- 2017-12-14T13:51:27+00:00 - Entertainment giant buying huge chunks of the Murdoch family's most prized assets
- Revealed: Ten biggest business blunders of all time
- 2017-12-14T06:31:00+00:00 - From passing up on lucrative deals and opportunities, to misjudging some questionable marketing decisions, even the most profitable businesses have suffered
- Global companies snared in South Africa's corruption scandal
- 2017-12-13T12:01:00+00:00 - The fiasco has weakened the country's president and engulfed major brands such as McKinsey and KPMG.
- Disney close to announcing $60bn buyout of Rupert Murdoch's Fox
- 2017-12-13T10:41:27+00:00 - Deal will see Disney take control of the 20th Century Fox film studio, along with a 39% stake in satellite broadcaster Sky.
- Global IPO activity hits highest level since financial crisis
- 2017-12-13T05:33:21+00:00 - Some 1,624 IPOs were registered through 2017 with $188.8bn raised, a 49% increase by number of deals.
- EU clears easyJet purchase of Air Berlin's assets
- 2017-12-12T16:08:34+00:00 - Air Berlin, which was Germany's second-biggest airline, ended operations in late October.
- German union joins call for Ryanair pilots' strike as industrial dispute escalates
- 2017-12-12T12:31:45+00:00 - Portuguese, Irish and Italian pilot unions also contemplating strikes over pay and conditions at budget airline.
- Westfield shopping centres to be sold in $25bn takeover
- 2017-12-12T09:27:36+00:00 - Australian company will be sold to French property giant Unibail-Rodamco, the biggest commercial landlord in Europe.
- Will we work for robots or will robots work for us?
- 2017-12-12T07:00:00+00:00 - In the context of automation, the future is always uncertain but it is also ripe with opportunity.
- Britain on alert as baby milk maker orders global recall over salmonella fears
- 2017-12-11T12:19:02+00:00 - Manufacturer Lactalis issues global recall after infants in France were taken ill.
- HSBC says US officials will dismiss criminal charges against it
- 2017-12-11T11:52:32+00:00 - Global banking giant says the Department of Justice will ask a court to dismiss deferred charges against it.
- Anti-dumping measures against cheap imports could help European steelmakers
- 2017-12-08T12:02:27+00:00 - Growth in demand, rising profits and regulatory support bodes well for the industry, according to a new report.
- Why companies will address the lack of gender diversity within the next 20 years
- 2017-12-08T07:00:00+00:00 - Richard Nesbitt, CEO of the Global Risk Institute in Financial Services, speaks to IBTimes UK about the need to address gender diversity.
- GE cuts 12,000 power jobs as demand, renewables skew market
- 2017-12-07T14:40:08+00:00 - The job cuts will mostly be outside the US and will comprise approximately 18% of the power unit's workforce.
- Rolls-Royce engine trouble forces Air New Zealand to ground flights
- 2017-12-07T09:34:23+00:00 - All Nippon Airways and Virgin Atlantic have also experienced issues with Trent 1000 engines mounted on Boeing 787s.
- Peru: Andean villagers struggle with modern life in shiny new town built for them by mining company
- 2017-12-07T09:24:55+00:00 - The town of Nueva Fuerabamba in Peru's southern Andes was built to house around 1,600 people who gave up their rural village to make room for a massive, open-pit copper mine
- Ladbrokes Coral shares soar on GVC takeover approach
- 2017-12-07T08:55:27+00:00 - Shares in Ladbrokes were up by more than a quarter after it announced that it was holding "detailed discussions" regarding a takeover offer from rival GVC.
- Brexit: Why London is betting big on India
- 2017-12-07T08:00:26+00:00 - India is critical to the UK's plans to show that it can secure post-Brexit trade deals with non-European Union countries.
- Emission cheats, tax leaks and number fibs: A look back at 2017's financial fiascos
- 2017-12-07T07:00:00+00:00 - Legal practitioner and IBTimes UK columnist Martin Kenney writes 2017 has been another mega year for financial scandals.
- Better than money? The top ten things we look for in a new job
- 2017-12-07T07:00:00+00:00 - When it comes to finding the perfect job, new research suggests it's not all about the money.
- Viagra goes generic: Pfizer to launch own little white pill
- 2017-12-06T18:12:34+00:00 - The little blue pill that's helped millions of men in the bedroom is turning white.
- Budget carrier Ryanair staring at its first ever strike
- 2017-12-06T17:52:02+00:00 - Employees in Italy vote for industrial action but airline dismissive of claims it will go ahead.