- When Should You Use A Small Business Card Vs. A Line Of Credit?
- Sat, 29 Apr 2017 10:01:00 -0400 - When small-business owners want to cut costs, they often focus on areas like marketing and inventory. But they too often ignore another major cost: the interest and fees associated with financing. In many cases, your financing costs will involve either a small-business credit card or a line of credit. Both can be
- Is It Time To Hire Your First Employee? Here's How To Tell
- Fri, 28 Apr 2017 09:59:05 -0400 - It’s a momentous time for any small business owner: Hiring your first employee. It’s a signal to the world that your company is growing and on its way to becoming the massive success you always knew it would be. But amid all the excitement, there’s worry. What if you’re not ready to hire anyone yet? What if you’re
- Lendio Wants To Be The 'Kayak For Small Business Loans'
- Fri, 28 Apr 2017 11:14:13 -0400 - If you’ve ever applied for a loan, you know the painful process of comparison. Who has the best interest rate? Who will work with your credit score? Lendio made the process shorter and simpler with a single application. The firm’s platform eliminates ineligible matches as clients enter their financial background
- Welcome to Amazonia – third rock from the sun
- Thu, 27 Apr 2017 14:20:38 -0400 - In 2053, when Amazon’s headquarters moved to the island once known as Manhattan — now New Bezos – most Earthlings received what they needed in life from some combination of the tech giants. By 2060, planet Earth, third rock from the sun, became Amazonia, wholly owned by
- The Benefits And Risks Of Mobile Payments For Your Small Business
- Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:12:06 -0400 - Regardless of their industry or size, merchants from all over the world are beginning to embrace mobile payments , thanks to benefits like accepting payments wherever you want and improving the customer experience. That doesn’t mean that there’s not a downside to mobile payments, particularly security concerns.
- Does Your Business Need Its Own Credit Card?
- Tue, 25 Apr 2017 09:50:44 -0400 - Business and lending have gone hand in hand for centuries, but for some businesses, the decision to open a credit card or apply for a loan is not an easy one. Some business owners have had their own struggles with debt or watched as friends or relatives worked to pay off large credit card balances. But just because
- Managing the three clocks of small business
- Mon, 24 Apr 2017 12:33:26 -0400 - Small business expert Jim Blasingame explains the three different clocks at work for every business in the marketplace: one for operating expenses, one for sales and one for
- 5 Ways Your Business Is Underachieving And How Mind Mapping Can Fix Them
- Mon, 24 Apr 2017 10:16:59 -0400 - Many companies who have good people working for them fail every year. Take a look at this list of the five most common ways that a business which looks perfectly viable on paper can actually be underachieving–and how mind mapping can help you reach your goals. Strategy No matter how great your strategy is at
- Funding Your Business With a Personal Loan or Business Loan
- Sun, 23 Apr 2017 10:18:59 -0400 - This Content is made possible by our Sponsor; the views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc. All businesses require financing. However, owners have two general options to consider. They can choose a personal loan or a business
- Wall Street's Sour Grapes Shouldn't Set Main Street's Teeth On Edge
- Fri, 21 Apr 2017 15:40:07 -0400 - “The fathers have eaten sour grapes and the children’s teeth are set on edge.” When Jeremiah and Ezekiel so prophesied 2600 years ago, it was to offer hope for a time when the Children of Israel would stop having the sins of their fathers visited on them. As a student of the evolution of American capitalism over
- 4 Perks of Solo 401(k) for Business Owners and Freelancers
- Fri, 21 Apr 2017 09:45:35 -0400 - By Dmitriy Fomichenko “Save your money. You’re going to need twice as much money in your old age as you think.” — Michael Caine If you’re self-employed and trying to boost your retirement savings, Solo 401(k) plans are a potential option. Solo 401(k) plans are qualified retirement plans for self-employed
- 7 Employee Benefits That Are Actually Taxable Income
- Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:43:40 -0400 - This Content is made possible by our Sponsor; the views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc. With more perks and benefits becoming standard (and with tax day), it's important to know which perks are considered taxable income for
- Is It Time To Expand Your Business?
- Wed, 19 Apr 2017 10:01:11 -0400 - When you own a business, you try to avoid making rash decisions that may have negative repercussions. That is one reason to put adequate thought and time into the bigger decisions while quickly handing the smaller ones. But, assuming your business is successful, how do you decide when it’s the right time to expand
- Focusing On Customer Service Could Be A Key Differentiator For E-Commerce Retailers
- Wed, 19 Apr 2017 13:12:53 -0400 - Co-Authored By Rhiannon Hermann , Clarus Commerce's Senior VP of Product and Operations The successful link between a business and a customer is one of the most crucial areas of focus a retailer can have. In an age where customer touchpoints are more visible and instantaneous than any other time in our history,
- Should You Accept Cryptocurrency In Your Small Business?
- Mon, 17 Apr 2017 09:59:17 -0400 - Despite the controversy and challenges that occur — small-business owners are embracing cryptocurrencies, like bitcoin. The main reason, according to the more savvy entrepreneurial-types, is that by using the latest technology they can stand out from other businesses. Does that mean that accepting