- Why Do Businesses Succeed?
- Wed, 07 Dec 2016 10:01:49 -0500 - Well, that depends on who you ask. But it stands to reason that the most successful people know the most about how you can get to the top . Let’s take a look at 10 smart people’s opinions on why businesses succeed, then apply them to what you do. Because they keep getting back up. It’s hard not to let setbacks
- Budgeting For A Transition To Self-Employment
- Tue, 29 Nov 2016 13:40:13 -0500 - Leaving your job for full-time self-employment is a huge transition. Walking away from a steady paycheck and benefits is a big risk, so putting your ducks in a row before you walk away is vital to your success. Save an Emergency Fund While you still have a steady income, save up an emergency fund with at least
- What Trump's Victory Means For Your Business Finances
- Tue, 29 Nov 2016 13:35:26 -0500 - With Donald Trump’s surprise win on Election Day, millions of Americans are wondering what President Trump’s impact will be on their money and their business. As an entrepreneur , major economic changes could leave you flush with cash or scraping by trying to survive. Here are some changes small business owners may
- Small Business Tips To Prepare For The Holiday Shopping Season
- Mon, 28 Nov 2016 15:33:36 -0500 - Many small businesses across the country are gearing up for an increase in sales and customers throughout the holiday season. Below we offer a few tips to help you make the most of the holiday shopping season. Ramp Up Your Marketing If you’re participating in Small Business Saturday (November 26), American Express,
- Four Things to Consider Before Hiring Your First Employee
- Mon, 14 Nov 2016 11:58:55 -0500 - Thinking about hiring your first employee? Congratulations, it’s a big step for any small business. We’ve outlined a few key considerations to help ensure a smooth process before, during and after. Consider a Freelancer Before a Full-Time Employee If you find that you have too much work or are turning down work,
- Which presidential candidate is best for small business?
- Mon, 07 Nov 2016 12:26:54 -0500 - As a leading voice for the small business sector, one of the factors I track and report on is public policy. In my advocacy role, I vociferously support those issues that benefit small business and pugnaciously oppose those that don't, regardless of political party origin. Before every presidential race since 2000,
- New DOL overtime rules: One good outcome and seven bad ones
- Mon, 24 Oct 2016 17:22:28 -0400 - Do you have employees who are on salary? Do those employees ever work more than 40 hours in a week, for whatever reason? If the answer is yes to these questions, your world is about to get more complicated and probably more expensive. Please stay with me. I need to get into the weeds, but just for a minute. The
- Can You Sell Your Leadership Product?
- Mon, 17 Oct 2016 15:29:50 -0400 - What is a leader? A mentor once told me a leader is someone who can find others who will follow him (or her). But as we all know, followers can be high-maintenance folks, requiring constant tending to whatever it is that attracts them; most of the time "it" is something intangible. Napoleon is reputed to have said,
- Four Businesses to Start Online
- Mon, 17 Oct 2016 13:18:44 -0400 - Starting your own business online can be both challenging and rewarding. Whether you want to earn extra income or foster your entrepreneurial spirit, you can reap many benefits from creating an online business. While there will be less overhead expenses since your business is virtual, you will still need to invest
- Hurricane Matthew is Recharging On Its Way To Damaging Florida Property
- Thu, 06 Oct 2016 10:56:15 -0400 - What might be one of the most destructive hurricanes in Florida’s recent history is gaining strength as it approaches the eastern coast of the panhandle. Florida Gov. Rick Scott has issued a state of emergency and local insured losses due to wind, torrential rain and storm surge are expected to be substantial.
- How Your Business’s Social Media Can Help You Get Approved for Loans
- Tue, 04 Oct 2016 15:20:33 -0400 - For some small businesses that need financing, online lending is one potential solution. Alternative and online lenders are more willing to offer loan products to newer businesses with lower credit scores , whereas traditional lenders typically require applicants to have at least two years in business and to have
- Why Facebook Is Important for Your Small Business
- Mon, 03 Oct 2016 15:11:07 -0400 - Small businesses are beginning to see the value that social media can add to their bottom line. There are more than 50 million business pages on Facebook, and they have a variety of features that businesses can use to interact with potential customers. They also have marketing tools that Facebook provides to help
- 3 Personal Finance Tips for Small-Business Owners
- Thu, 29 Sep 2016 10:37:51 -0400 - As entrepreneurs, many small-business owners are comfortable taking
- 6 Crucial Money Tips for Young Entrepreneurs
- Wed, 28 Sep 2016 08:25:16 -0400 - By Dmitriy Fomichenko Learn more about Dmitriy on NerdWallet’s Ask An Advisor Entrepreneurs have to wear many hats. One of their key responsibilities is to understand and properly manage their business’s finances. But they must also be careful with how they handle their own money. Here are smart financial
- Four IP questions to tell if you get it
- Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:28:48 -0400 - One of the most interesting aspects of the marketplace is the evolution of how businesses leverage assets. For most of history, business leverage came from these three categories in this order: 1. Muscle power (human or animal); 2. Tangible stuff (raw material, inventory, tools, etc.); 3. Information (intellectual