- Can You Sell Your Leadership Product?
- Mon, 17 Oct 2016 15:29:50 -0400 -
- Four Businesses to Start Online
- Mon, 17 Oct 2016 13:18:44 -0400 -
- Hurricane Matthew is Recharging On Its Way To Damaging Florida Property
- Thu, 06 Oct 2016 10:56:15 -0400 - What might be one of the most destructive hurricanes in Florida’s recent history is gaining strength as it approaches the eastern coast of the panhandle. Florida Gov. Rick Scott has issued a state of emergency and local insured losses due to wind, torrential rain and storm surge are expected to be substantial.
- How Your Business’s Social Media Can Help You Get Approved for Loans
- Tue, 04 Oct 2016 15:20:33 -0400 - For some small businesses that need financing, online lending is one potential solution. Alternative and online lenders are more willing to offer loan products to newer businesses with lower credit scores , whereas traditional lenders typically require applicants to have at least two years in business and to have
- Why Facebook Is Important for Your Small Business
- Mon, 03 Oct 2016 15:11:07 -0400 -
- 3 Personal Finance Tips for Small-Business Owners
- Thu, 29 Sep 2016 10:37:51 -0400 - As entrepreneurs, many small-business owners are comfortable taking
- 6 Crucial Money Tips for Young Entrepreneurs
- Wed, 28 Sep 2016 08:25:16 -0400 - By Dmitriy Fomichenko Learn more about Dmitriy on NerdWallet’s Ask An Advisor Entrepreneurs have to wear many hats. One of their key responsibilities is to understand and properly manage their business’s finances. But they must also be careful with how they handle their own money. Here are smart financial
- Four IP questions to tell if you get it
- Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:28:48 -0400 - One of the most interesting aspects of the marketplace is the evolution of how businesses leverage assets. For most of history, business leverage came from these three categories in this order: 1. Muscle power (human or animal); 2. Tangible stuff (raw material, inventory, tools, etc.); 3. Information (intellectual
- Your Small Business Should Have Its Own Credit Score
- Wed, 14 Sep 2016 10:01:04 -0400 - By Heather Castle , CFP Learn more about Heather on NerdWallet’s Ask an Advisor Many people understand the importance of their personal credit score. Most lenders use them to determine who will receive financing opportunities — such as auto loans, mortgages and lines of credit — and on what terms. Your score
- 5 Low-Cost Business Ideas for Teens
- Thu, 08 Sep 2016 10:53:15 -0400 - Zandra Cunningham loves lip balm — so much that she used to ask her dad to buy her a new tube every day. Exasperated, he joked that she should make her own. So she did. She was 9. Six years later, her Buffalo, New York-based business, Zandra, sells 37 natural, homemade skin products in stores in six states and
- An official day for small business owners
- Mon, 05 Sep 2016 17:53:44 -0400 - Labor Day began as an idea in the mind of a 19th century labor leader — some say Matthew Maguire, others say Peter McGuire — who cared greatly for a very important segment of the marketplace, its workers. Regardless of paternity, such a day was first celebrated on Tuesday, September 5, 1882, in New York City,
- When Should You Use an Online Lender for Your Small Business?
- Mon, 05 Sep 2016 09:56:00 -0400 - If you’re looking for funding for your small business, it can be overwhelming given the number of options available. On the one hand, banks usually offer the best annual percentage rates (APRs), the largest loan amounts and the longest terms, but their loans are difficult to qualify for and can take a long time to
- Small business lessons from big business mistakes
- Mon, 29 Aug 2016 12:18:11 -0400 - Here is a true story from which several business lessons can be learned. A while back, I needed to reach a friend who worked in the local office of a national company. Searching online, and yes, even the phone book, I found only a toll-free number that connected to an answering system for the entire company.
- Should Your Small Business Accept Credit Card Payments?
- Sat, 13 Aug 2016 16:35:24 -0400 - Credit card payments in the United States are on the raise. More and more consumers are signing up for the little pieces of plastic and using them as their main method of payment. This is in part due to banks making rewards better and better for cardholders. If you’re planning to open up a small business, it’s
- 3 Early Signs Your Business Is Going To Fail
- Fri, 12 Aug 2016 09:20:06 -0400 - My friend, entrepreneur Marc Kramer, has started about 20 businesses. Some have succeeded, others have not. Among his start-ups, I asked him if he got signals early on that he had a clunker on his hands, and if so, what the signs were. Generally, he said, he knew within about 120 days whether or not the concept is