|Federal Reserve News
Advancing Economic Knowledge Through Research & Data
- Board of Governors Closure: March 2, 2018
- Fri, 02 Mar 2018 20:45:02 +0000 - Friday, March 2, 2018: Because of the extremely high winds expected in the Washington, DC, area today, all Board of Governors buildings are closed. As a result, FRED will not be updating the following releases: Interest on Required Balances and … Continue reading
- FRED Adds Housing Data
- Thu, 08 Feb 2018 18:23:53 +0000 - FRED has added 158 series from the U.S. Census Bureau’s New Residential Sales report. These series depict national and regional statistics on new houses sold and for sale by stage of construction and by sales price. Go to the FRED graph … Continue reading
- Some FRED Data Not Updated Due to U.S. Government Shutdown
- Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:05:51 +0000 - Effective January 22, 2018, the United States federal government may suspend updates of some data series. We will monitor the situation and update the series in the FRED database as soon as new data are made available. Affected Sources: Board … Continue reading
- FRED Adds Advance Economic Indicators
- Mon, 11 Dec 2017 16:38:00 +0000 - View graph on FRED. FRED has added 42 monthly series from the U.S. Census Bureau’s Advance Economic Indicators report. These series depict the advance estimates for retail and wholesale inventories and international trade in goods. The advance estimates represent the current-month statistics … Continue reading
- FRED Adds Retail Data, Part 2
- Thu, 07 Dec 2017 16:09:31 +0000 - View graph on FRED FRED has added 262 monthly series from the U.S. Census Bureau’s retail trade program. These series provide current estimates of sales and inventories for U.S. retail and food service firms.
- FRED Adds Retail Data, Part 1
- Thu, 07 Dec 2017 16:09:17 +0000 - View graph on FRED FRED has added 38 monthly series from the U.S. Census Bureau’s retail trade program: These series provide early estimates of monthly sales for various U.S. retail and food service firms.
- FRED Adds Trade Data
- Tue, 14 Nov 2017 21:17:12 +0000 - FRED has added 502 monthly series from the U.S. Census Bureau’s foreign trade program: These series cover goods imported to and exported from the United States by geographic location.
- FRED Adds Quarterly Financial Report Data
- Mon, 13 Nov 2017 17:02:24 +0000 - FRED has added 2,392 quarterly series on the financial results and position of U.S. corporations from the U.S. Census Bureau’s Quarterly Financial Report. These data represent estimates from balance sheets, retained earnings, and related financial measures broken down by business … Continue reading
- FRED Adds Construction Spending Data
- Tue, 07 Nov 2017 19:27:51 +0000 - FRED has added 48 monthly series from the U.S. Census Bureau’s Construction Spending release. These new series cover monthly percent changes in the dollar value of construction work done in the United States on new structures or improvements to existing … Continue reading
- Changes to Personal Income Release
- Mon, 30 Oct 2017 18:58:48 +0000 - The Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) has been making improvements to the publication of National Income and Product Accounts. Starting with the October 30, 2017, release of personal income and outlays, a number of series in FRED will be discontinued … Continue reading