|WSJ Live News
What's News US
- Justice Department Investigating Possible HSBC Leak
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 20:24:32 EST - The Justice Department is investigating allegations that an employee of HSBC leaked confidential client information to a major hedge fund.
- OPEC Members Near Compromise on Supply Cuts
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 23:04:03 EST - OPEC members are inching toward a compromise that could lead them to cut oil supplies by adhering more strictly to agreed production ceilings.
- Merrill Lynch's European Unit Pressured on Risk Management
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:55:55 EST - British regulators are pressuring Bank of America’s European investment-banking arm to improve the way it manages risks, saying its current practices are “simplistic” and need to be retooled.
- Americans Borrowing More Briskly for Cars, Homes
- Wed, 26 Nov 2014 00:18:56 EST - Americans showed an increased appetite for borrowing this summer, taking out more new mortgages for the first time in more than a year while adding to their debts using car and credit-card loans.
- H-P's Revenue Drops Again
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:59:33 EST - H-P said its profit fell 5.9% for the October quarter on another period of lower revenue as the computer maker continues to show the frailties that prompted its plan to split in two.
- Asian Shares Mixed Ahead of OPEC Meeting
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 23:05:37 EST - China shares made mild gains as Friday’s interest rate cut continued to reverberate through the market, while stocks in Japan edged lower.
- U.S. Banks Show Continued Strength
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:31:56 EST - The U.S. banking industry showed continued strength in the third quarter with broad-based revenue growth and a year-over-year jump in profits, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said Tuesday.
- Santander CEO Marín Replaced
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 17:25:21 EST - The Spanish lender replaced its chief executive with its finance chief and made several changes to its board of directors, in the first major shake-up since Ana Botín took the reins following her father’s death.
- PG&E Hires New Security Firm
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 22:52:06 EST - PG&E has hired a new security company to protect a substation that serves Silicon Valley after breaches that have cost the utility millions of dollars and raised concerns about the nation’s electric grid.
- Samsung to Sell Unit Stakes
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 23:41:01 EST - Samsung Group will sell controlling stakes in chemical and defense units for $1.7 billion as South Korea’s largest conglomerate continues restructuring moves ahead of an expected leadership succession.
- Falcone to Depart Harbinger Group
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:28:42 EST - Harbinger Group said Philip Falcone would resign as chairman and chief executive Dec. 1 and is expected to dedicate his efforts to a separate company and liquidating his hedge fund.
- Discover Sues Visa Over Debit-Card Practices
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:16:03 EST - Discover Financial Services iled a lawsuit in federal court against Visa, accusing its card-network rival of anticompetitive practices in its debit-card business.
- Wal-Mart Top Merchant Leaves
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 19:09:12 EST - Wal-Mart’s chief merchandising officer is leaving the retailer just days before the annual Thanksgiving shopping frenzy known as Black Friday.
- Sony to Issue Refunds to Settle FTC Deception Charges
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 22:16:00 EST - The Federal Trade Commission said Tuesday that Sony Computer Entertainment America will issue millions of dollars in refunds to settle charges that it deceived customers during the rollout of its PlayStation Vita hand-held gaming console.
- Amid Global Slowdown, U.S. Growth Keeps Looking Better
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 19:38:17 EST - The economy expanded at its fastest pace in more than a decade during the spring and summer, showing the U.S. has strengthened its economic footing despite increasing global uncertainty.