|WSJ Live News
- Federal Judge Blocks Aetna-Humana Merger on Antitrust Grounds
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 21:16:36 EST - A federal judge Monday blocked the proposed merger of health insurers Aetna and Humana on antitrust grounds, a potentially fatal legal blow to the $34 billion deal.
- Samsung Profit Growth Driven by Component Sales
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 19:20:56 EST - The South Korean tech company recorded its highest operating profit in more than three years, as booming sales of components helped it shrug off last year’s massive Galaxy Note 7 recall.
- Yahoo Sees Verizon Deal Taking Longer Than Expected
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 23:59:38 EST - Yahoo, subject of two huge data breaches that have cast a shadow over its deal with Verizon Communications Inc., pushed back its expected closing date for the transaction, citing “work required to meet closing conditions.”
- Auto Industry's No. 1 Preoccupation: Trump
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 22:10:58 EST - President Donald Trump’s tweets put Big Three car makers on the defensive about their commitment to U.S. jobs and investment. Their response shows the extent to which companies are factoring his criticism into decisions.
- Ozy Media Raises $10 Million to Expand Video, Events
- Tue, 24 Jan 2017 00:00:05 EST - Ozy Media, an online news magazine, has raised $10 million following a slowdown in investment in digital media startups over the past year after a flood of cash in 2015.
- Trump Withdraws U.S. From Pacific Trade Deal
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 22:12:14 EST - President Trump formally pulled the U.S. out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the 12-nation trade agreement negotiated by Barack Obama and championed by businesses but that fell out of favor in both political parties.
- Trump Focuses on Trade and Jobs
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 22:54:53 EST - President Donald Trump started his first full workday at the White House focused on the economy, trade and jobs, withdrawing from the TPP agreement and promising to tax firms that move operations overseas.
- Trump on Trade: Peace Through Strength
- Sun, 22 Jan 2017 22:18:13 EST - While Donald Trump’s inaugural address echoed the same nationalist themes that carried him to victory in November, he and his advisers have emanated a subtler message in other forums, writes Greg Ip.
- Global Uncertainty Gets Brushed Off in the U.S. and Europe
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 03:20:05 EST - Consumers and businesses in the U.S. and Europe appear undaunted by the prospect of profound political change on both sides of the Atlantic and may even be encouraged by it.
- Economic Tests Await Trump
- Fri, 20 Jan 2017 13:23:48 EST - President-elect Donald Trump inherits an economy in much stronger shape than at either of the past two inaugurations, but major questions loom over how he can boost productivity and deliver on his growth promises.
- A+E Networks Chief Tests Limits in Bid to Revive Channels' Fortunes
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 23:31:06 EST - A+E Networks, run by CEO Nancy Dubuc, is a prime example of a mid-tier cable company under pressure to revamp its brands to survive an age of slimmer television channel bundles and on-demand streaming services.
- Sprint to Buy 33% of Jay Z's Tidal Music Service
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 19:25:20 EST - Sprint Corp. will buy one-third of Tidal, the streaming-music service run by rap mogul Jay Z, the latest content deal secured by a network provider.
- Luxury Brands Struggle to Steer Iranians Away From Knockoffs
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 23:36:42 EST - Iranians love high fashion, but luxury companies planning to tap Persian appetite for designer clothes and bags are facing stiff competition from their very own brands—albeit fake ones.
- What Gives Money Its Distinctive Smell? One Chemist Tried to Find Out
- Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:18:53 EST - A German perfume expert, hired by an artist, has bottled the elusive aroma of the U.S. dollar, which has hints of inky cotton, leather wallets, metal cash drawers and hundreds of sweaty palms; ‘crazy complex.’
- Ford Takes Step Toward Online Car Shopping With Fintech Investment
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 20:06:07 EST - The lending arm of Ford Motor Co. has tapped a San Francisco startup to make it easier for its customers to buy and finance a car without going into a showroom.
- Liberty Media Names Chase Carey as Formula One CEO, Replaces Bernie Ecclestone
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 19:18:42 EST - Bernie Ecclestone, who turned Formula One from an elite motor racing series into a global media rights empire over four decades, stepped away from his role as the sport’s “supremo” as Liberty Media completed its takeover, appointing Chase Carey as chief executive.
- Warby Parker to Open 25 Stores This Year
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 15:34:46 EST - Warby Parker plans to open at least 25 retail locations this year, a rare brick-and-mortar expansion amid store closures at several chains.