|WSJ Live News
What's News US
- Costco Names Citi, Visa as Credit Partners
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:01:28 EST - Costco named Citigroup and Visa as its new credit partners, replacing American Express as the exclusive network at its stores beginning in April of next year.
- H-P to Buy Aruba Networks for $2.7 Billion
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:44:58 EST - Hewlett-Packard agreed to buy Aruba Networks for about $2.7 billion in an all-cash deal aimed at bolstering the tech company’s wireless networking operations.
- European Banks Draw Scrutiny Over Reciprocity
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:50:48 EST - Behind the scenes in Europe, banks regularly dole out lucrative work to their competitors, partly based on how much business they will receive in return.
- Cardinal Health to Buy J&J's Heart Business for $1.94 Billion
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:19:04 EST - Cardinal Health agreed to acquire the heart-product business Cordis from Johnson & Johnson for $1.94 billion in cash, in a move aimed at strengthening its cardiology efforts.
- NXP, Freescale Agree to Merger
- Sun, 01 Mar 2015 21:30:45 EST - NXP Semiconductors and Freescale Semiconductor have agreed to merge in a deal that values Freescale at $11.8 billion and would create a combined company with a market value of more than $30 billion.
- U.S. Consumer Spending Falls in January
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:24:22 EST - U.S. consumer spending fell in January for the second straight month due in part to the drop in gasoline prices, though inflation-adjusted outlays climbed.
- Sony Mobile Unit Seeks Profit, Innovation
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 05:03:38 EST - Sony’s struggling mobile unit can’t be justified at a low profit margin and won’t tie itself to smartphones or even hardware, its new president says.
- ARCP Restates Results After Accounting Issues
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 08:51:08 EST - An internal investigation at American Realty Capital Properties revealed weak controls over financial reporting and inappropriate payments made to an affiliated company controlled by former chairman and CEO Nicholas Schorsch.
- RWE to Proceed With North Sea Gas Deal
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:51:46 EST - German utility RWE and an energy-investment fund led by Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman signaled that they would proceed with a $5.6 billion deal for oil-and-gas fields over the U.K. government’s objections.
- Fed Ushers in New Era of Uncertainty on Rates
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:39:51 EST - The Outlook: Investors are obsessing over when the Federal Reserve will start raising short-term rates. Drawing less scrutiny is where rates will end up in the long run and how they’ll get there. But it’s time to start paying attention.
- Euro Rebounds on Upbeat Data
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 07:28:57 EST - A solid run of European data supported the euro, after the currency took a hit from a buoyant dollar, which came close to an 11-year high earlier in the day, supported by Beijing’s decision to cut interest rates.
- Eurozone Consumer Prices Fall Again
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 06:54:45 EST - Eurozone consumer prices fell for the third straight month in February, although at a slower pace, while the jobless rate in January fell to its lowest level since early 2012.
- Institutions Pour Cash Into Bond ETFs
- Sun, 01 Mar 2015 21:21:40 EST - Abreast of the Market: Institutions are piling into exchange-traded bond funds at the fastest pace on record, driven by forces reshaping the increasingly illiquid corporate-debt market and their desire to stay nimble ahead of expected rate moves.
- Ports Get Creative as Cargo Piles Up
- Sun, 01 Mar 2015 21:30:19 EST - Southern California ports are thinking about ways they can speed things up after a labor dispute contributed to near gridlock in their operations. Cargomatic, a sort of Uber for cargo, is one solution.
- Actavis Readies Big Bond Deal
- Sun, 01 Mar 2015 21:17:20 EST - Pharmaceutical company Actavis PLC is expected to sell more than $20 billion in bonds as early as this week, a deal that would rank as the second-largest corporate bond ever and further propel bond sales this year into record territory.
- FCC Tests Its Authority Over States
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:52:45 EST - The federal communications agency is using a new argument to override state laws limiting cities’ ability to run their own Internet service.
- Orange Considers Potential Tie-Up With Telecom Italia
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 02:56:48 EST - France’s Orange is considering launching a bid to tie up with Telecom Italia in a sign that European telecommunications companies are continuing to push forward a wave of consolidation across the region.
- Santander U.S. Unit to Name Powell CEO
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 00:19:10 EST - Santander Holdings USA is expected to announce as soon as Monday that Scott Powell, a former head of J.P. Morgan Chase’s consumer-banking operations, will become its new CEO.
- Amgen Sees Positive Results From Kyprolis Study
- Mon, 02 Mar 2015 00:28:30 EST - Amgen took a step forward in its efforts to make its Kyprolis cancer therapy a standard treatment for many multiple myeloma patients, saying the drug performed better than older rival Velcade in a study.