|WSJ Live News
What's News US
- 25 Eurozone Banks to Fail Stress Tests
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 06:46:59 EDT - About 25 eurozone banks failed the European Central Bank’s financial-health checks, although more than half have taken the necessary steps to shore up their balance sheets this year.
- iTunes Sees Drop in Music Sales
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 05:54:42 EDT - Digital music sales at Apple iTunes store have fallen 13% to 14% world-wide since the start of the year, according to people familiar with the matter, underscoring the fragility of the music industry’s nascent recovery.
- Indonesia Plays Legal Hardball
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 06:44:59 EDT - Indonesian prosecutors are increasingly bringing criminal charges against employees of large companies for allegedly causing losses to the state, a development that is chilling the business community there.
- Tycoon Arrested as Vietnam Revives Bank Cleanup
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 11:14:28 EDT - Police in Vietnam have arrested Ha Van Tham on allegations of fraud while chairman of the Ocean Commercial Joint Stock Bank, signaling the Southeast Asian country is reviving its efforts to restructure its banking system.
- P&G to Shed Duracell
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014 22:12:45 EDT - P&G said it plans to exit its Duracell business, with plans to carve off the leading battery brand with $2 billion in global sales into a separate company. The plan was announced as P&G reported flat sales and a 34% profit drop for its fiscal first quarter.
- Ford's Profit Falls 34%
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 05:51:02 EDT - Ford said third-quarter income fell 34% from a year ago to $835 million as lower truck production and higher warranty and recall costs hurt results in its core North American operations and losses in Europe widened.
- AT&T Risks Losing Prized Wireless Customers
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014 20:38:00 EDT - AT&T is enjoying its lowest-ever “churn” rate, but is also facing an uncomfortable situation: up to 10 million of its most lucrative wireless customers may be free to walk out the door.
- Roku Working on Plans to File IPO
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:05:19 EDT - Roku Inc., maker of streaming media players, TVs, and software, is working on plans to file confidentially for an initial public offering, according to people familiar with the matter.
- U.S. to Name New Auto-Safety Chief
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 06:43:51 EDT - The Obama administration is close to naming a permanent top auto-safety regulator amid criticism of the agency’s handling of large air-bag recall, which an administration official on Friday called “suboptimal.”
- Chiquita Ends Banana Deal
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014 20:24:07 EDT - Chiquita has terminated its deal with Irish food company Fyffes and said it instead plans to enter negotiations with Cutrale-Safra, the coalition between a Brazilian orange juice maker and an investment firm.
- FCC Delays Airwaves Auction
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:18:34 EDT - The Federal Communications Commission said it is delaying to 2016 a highly anticipated spectrum auction in which TV broadcasters will sell airwaves so they can be used for mobile broadband.
- H-P Shops China Networking Unit
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014 23:59:20 EDT - H-P is seeking a buyer for its corporate-networking business in China, in a deal that could return the operation to local control, according to people familiar with the situation.
- Deutsche Bank Lawyer Found Dead in Suicide
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014 20:12:41 EDT - A senior Deutsche Bank regulatory lawyer, Calogero Gambino, has died of a suicide in New York, according to New York City officials and others familiar with the circumstances of his death.
- Gucci Finds Luxury a Tougher Sell
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:44:45 EDT - The travails at Gucci are emblematic of the problems afflicting fashion’s big power houses.
- UPS Growth Fueled by Increase in Shipments in U.S. and Abroad
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014 19:40:13 EDT - United Parcel Service Inc. reported robust third-quarter growth, fueled by an increase in package shipments both in the U.S. and abroad and the strongest increase in domestic business-to-business deliveries in several years, signaling a strengthening U.S. economy.
- Bristol-Myers Sales, Profit Beat Estimates
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:22:01 EDT - Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. reported a smaller-than-expected decline in third-quarter revenue, despite lost sales as the result of the pharmaceutical company’s exit of a diabetes alliance earlier this year.
- Big Charge Slams First Niagara
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014 19:48:52 EDT - First Niagara Financial Group recorded an $800 million write-down in the third quarter, pushing the regional bank to a large loss for the period.
- Colgate-Palmolive Earnings Fall
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:29:29 EDT - Colgate-Palmolive Co. said its third-quarter earnings fell 17%, warning that deteriorating foreign exchange rates are weighing on its results.
- Dolce, Gabbana Cleared of Tax Charges
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 05:56:20 EDT - Italy’s highest court cleared fashion designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana of tax evasion charges Friday, bringing to an end one of the highest profile tax cases in Italy in recent years.