|WSJ Live News
What's News US
- SEC Is Set to Approve Money-Fund Rules
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:22:13 EDT - Some prime funds would be required to float the share price, while the plan would allow all funds to temporarily halt redemptions.
- For Apple, iPhone Roars and iPad Whimpers
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 23:01:52 EDT - Apple reported a 13% jump in iPhone sales as it heads into a major refresh of the company's flagship product, but iPad sales slid for the second consecutive quarter.
- Connecticut Court to Revisit Protection for Whistleblowers
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 23:14:54 EDT - Connecticut's highest court is set to weigh in on a case against UBS that could limit protections for whistleblowers in the state.
- Fox Mindful of Debt as It Eyes Time Warner
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:54:40 EDT - Ever since his News Corp survived a bruising liquidity crisis in the early 1990s, Rupert Murdoch has been careful to avoid getting overextended financially. But his pursuit of Time Warner could test that philosophy.
- Herbalife Rallies in Face of New Attack by Ackman
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:52:31 EDT - William Ackman had promised a "death blow" against Herbalife. Wall Street instead gave new life to the nutritional-supplement company's stock.
- Australian Stocks Hit Six-Year High
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:47:32 EDT - Asian shares rose early Wednesday, as gains in mining stocks helped Australia hit a six-year high.
- Ignition Woes Ran Deep at GM
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:36:07 EDT - General Motors knew more than a decade ago that loose ignition switches went well beyond the Chevrolet Cobalt and related small cars, redesigning switches in at least three high-volume car families.
- CIT to Buy OneWest
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 18:08:33 EDT - CIT Group agreed to buy OneWest Bank's parent company for $3.4 billion in the largest full-bank acquisition announced since 2012.
- J.P. Morgan Nears Deal for Buyout Arm
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:52:35 EDT - The bank is looking to sell half its stake in the $4.5 billion portfolio of its buyout arm, One Equity Partners.
- U.S. Judge Denies Argentina More Time
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 17:09:06 EDT - A U.S. District Judge in a hearing Tuesday didn't grant Argentina's request for more time to negotiate with holdout creditors, directing both parties and their lawyers to meet with a court-appointed mediator to reach a settlement.
- WSJ Takes Some Computer Systems Offline After Intrusion
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 23:13:33 EDT - Computer systems housing The Wall Street Journal's news graphics were hacked by outside parties, according to Journal publisher Dow Jones & Co.
- Gasoline Costs Lift Inflation Gauge
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 19:50:43 EDT - U.S. consumer inflation continued to stiffen last month but largely decelerated outside a jump in gasoline prices, and food costs in particular slowed after surging in recent months.
- Dick's Lays Off More Than 400 PGA Golf Instructors
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 23:36:23 EDT - A spokeswoman for the PGA of America said more than 400 of its members who were employed as golf instructors at Dick's were notified on Tuesday that they would be laid off.
- U.S. Existing-Home Sales Hit Highest Level Since October
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:02:06 EDT - A broad measure of U.S. home sales climbed for the third consecutive month in June, a sign the housing market is gaining steam after a monthslong slump.
- Credit Suisse Posts Loss After Settlement
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:19:16 EDT - The Swiss bank reported a loss for the second quarter, as it continued to absorb the impact of a U.S. legal settlement reached two months ago.
- Portugal's BCP Bank Raises $3 Billion
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 14:40:53 EDT - Banco Comercial Português shrugged off the troubles affecting its Portuguese peer Banco Espírito Santo SA and raised €2.24 billion ($3 billion).