|WSJ Live News
- Drugmakers' Free Services Trigger Anti-Kickback Probe
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 10:19:09 EDT - Federal prosecutors are probing whether big drugmakers including Sanofi, Gilead Sciences and Biogen potentially violated laws by providing free services to doctors and patients.
- Game Theory Part of the Art of the Sky Deal
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 09:13:07 EDT - The same type of blind auction used to pick players in fantasy football leagues could decide the fate of Sky, a media company that employs 30,000 people and has a stock-market value of $36 billion.
- Google Workers Discussed Tweaking Search Function to Counter Travel Ban
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 10:18:08 EDT - Days after the Trump administration instituted a controversial travel ban in January 2017, Google employees discussed how they could tweak the company’s search-related functions to show users how to contribute to pro-immigration organizations and contact lawmakers and government agencies, according to internal company emails.
- Apple Launches New iPhones (Again). Here's a Guide.
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 11:26:34 EDT - Two of the newest iPhones hit stores Friday, with scenes of customers around the world lining up outside Apple stores. Customer turnout will go a long way toward determining Apple’s results over the next year.
- Circle of Life: Elton John Stays With Music Label
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 10:18:16 EDT - Elton John re-signed a deal to stay with the world’s largest music company, Universal Music Group, in a sign there is still a place for music labels in the streaming age.
- Trade Tensions Spell Trouble for Eurozone Economy
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 07:13:13 EDT - The eurozone’s economy continued its slow-motion slowdown in September, as exports suffered from a drop off in global demand and uncertainty about future trade relations between the U.S. and other countries.
- U.S. Existing-Home Sales Stalled in August
- Thu, 20 Sep 2018 14:52:11 EDT - U.S. home sales stalled in August, highlighting a growing disconnect between the sluggish housing market and the strong economy that is powering stocks to new highs.
- Turkey's Economic Woes Raise Tensions in Egypt
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 09:33:25 EDT - Turkey’s economic crisis has heightened concerns in Egypt about whether the Arab world’s largest country is positioned to withstand falling confidence in emerging markets world-wide.
- U.S. Jobless Claims Fall to 49-Year Low
- Thu, 20 Sep 2018 10:45:44 EDT - The number of Americans filing applications for new unemployment benefits fell to a new 49-year low last week, though any effect from Hurricane Florence may not be realized for several weeks.
- U.S. Household Net Worth Neared $107 Trillion in Second Quarter
- Thu, 20 Sep 2018 17:20:31 EDT - The total net worth of U.S. households rose to nearly $107 trillion during the second quarter of 2018, as climbing home values and stock prices boosted Americans’ wealth.
- Amazon Is a Giant. But Bigness Isn't a Crime.
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 09:56:08 EDT - The company’s scale worries critics, but antitrust law punishes conduct, not size.
- Catfish Gets Tangled in a Small-Fry Trade War
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 11:24:05 EDT - In the standoff between American catfish and a Vietnamese cousin, a new food inspection program has tangled everyone in red tape, showing how measures intended to help U.S. businesses can backfire.
- China's Giant Market for Really Tiny Cars
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 10:25:36 EDT - The taste for tiny electric vehicles has become a quirky subplot in China’s clean-energy ambitions, with sales more than twice that of regular electric cars.
- Trump to Nominate Former Fed Economist Nellie Liang for Board Seat
- Wed, 19 Sep 2018 21:20:10 EDT - President Trump will nominate Nellie Liang, a former Federal Reserve economist who created its first office of financial stability, to the central bank’s board of governors.
- Bringing iPhone Assembly to U.S. Would Be a Hollow Victory for Trump
- Wed, 19 Sep 2018 23:18:55 EDT - If Apple moved smartphone production to the U.S. to avoid the president’s tariffs, it could do more harm than good, Greg Ip writes.
- Delta Seeks Jet-Fuel Refinery Partner
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 10:38:31 EDT - Delta Air Lines is looking for a partner to share the burden of its six-year experiment in running a jet-fuel refinery.
- Intel's Shortages Chip Away at Micron
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 10:15:06 EDT - A shortage of high-end computer chips from Intel is being felt in other segments of the tech sector. The question is how far it might spread.
- Art World's Biggest Star Sells Paintings for $3 Million. Can She Hold On?
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 11:15:44 EDT - Seven years ago, Njideka Akunyili Crosby’s paintings were selling for $3,000. Now they go for millions. Her next challenge is to avoid the quick rise and fall other young artists have suffered in a contemporary art market that churns through its favorites.
- Former MiMedx Executives to Lose Compensation
- Fri, 21 Sep 2018 09:41:13 EDT - MiMedx has determined that four former executives engaged in conduct detrimental to the business and should forfeit compensation in connection with their exits, now seen as “for cause” terminations.