|WSJ Live News
- Cisco's Feud With Former Star Executive Turns Personal---And Costly
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 16:10:48 EDT - Arista Networks is grabbing Cisco’s giant networking business, winning over its customers and rankling its top brass. The battle has divided CEO Jayshree Ullal and Cisco’s John Chambers, who were once close colleagues.
- Wal-Mart Sales Rise as Retailer Dodges Industry Malaise
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 16:51:56 EDT - Wal-Mart Stores Inc.’s sales rose in the latest quarter, boosted by an e-commerce surge and strong grocery sales, a sign that the world’s largest retailer continues to brush off the malaise afflicting some competitors.
- Alibaba's Net Income, Revenue Surge on Growth in Online Sales
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:20:47 EDT - The Chinese e-commerce giant’s efforts to expand product offerings and leverage big-data assets—all aimed at getting consumers and advertisers to spend more—appear to be working.
- Nielsen to Track Growing Clout of Esports
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:11:41 EDT - Nielsen Holdings PLC said it began measuring the financial value of sponsoring videogame competitions and teams, the latest sign of the rising interest in so-called esports.
- Trump's Business Councils Disband After CEOs Defect
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 17:09:16 EDT - Business leaders disbanded two CEO councils created by the White House, a move they said was protesting Donald Trump’s failure to sufficiently condemn racism, marking a dramatic break between U.S. companies and a president who has sought close ties with them.
- In New Political Status Quo, Big Business Bucks the Right
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 11:07:36 EDT - The schism that has opened between Corporate America and President Trump might look like an outlier, but in fact, big business has increasingly parted ways with Republicans on noneconomic issues, writes Greg Ip.
- U.S. Jobless Claims Dropped to 232,000 Last Week
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 10:30:56 EDT - The number of Americans filing new applications for unemployment benefits dropped last week from already low levels, a sign of health in the U.S. labor market.
- Fed Officials Split Over Timing of Next Rate Increase
- Wed, 16 Aug 2017 23:23:16 EDT - New doubts over sagging inflation in the past few months are driving a split at the Federal Reserve about the timing of the next increase in interest rates.
- Summer Youth Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since 1969
- Wed, 16 Aug 2017 17:06:24 EDT - The unemployment rate for young Americans fell this summer to match the lowest level in nearly half a century. But there’s a big caveat: A far smaller share of them are looking for jobs.
- Mylan Settles EpiPen Medicaid Overcharge Claims for $465 Million
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 16:49:51 EDT - Mylan agreed to pay $465 million to settle federal government claims that it overcharged the Medicaid program by millions of dollars for its EpiPen products.
- India Is Going Radio Gaga
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 08:33:25 EDT - The South Asian nation is in the middle of a radio boom and media companies are rushing to get new stations and talent on the air while advertisers shift strategies to capture audiences and revenue.
- Facebook Courts Marketers With In-Stream Video Ads
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 11:00:03 EDT - As Facebook ramps up its video ambitions, get ready for more commercial breaks.
- Builders Pull Back on Home Construction Despite Strong Demand
- Wed, 16 Aug 2017 15:53:20 EDT - The apartment-construction boom is coming to an end, and builders aren’t ramping up single-family construction quickly enough to fill the void.
- Conflicting Views Mark Opening of Talks to Remake Nafta
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 02:52:18 EDT - The Trump administration launched the renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement Wednesday by laying out a starkly different vision from that of its two continental trading partners of the pact’s affects and how radically it should be rewritten.
- Hormel Foods Buys Fontanini Brand Meats for $425 Million
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 10:35:41 EDT - Hormel has bought the Fontanini brand meat and sausage business for $425 million.
- Apple Readies $1 Billion War Chest for Hollywood Programming
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 07:37:12 EDT - Apple Inc. has set a budget of roughly $1 billion to procure and produce original content over the next year, as the iPhone maker shows how serious it is about making a splash in Hollywood.
- China Tech Workers Wanted: Women Need Not Apply
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 09:55:13 EDT - Allegations of gender discrimination and sexual harassment have rocked Silicon Valley recently, but the torrent of news has barely registered as water-cooler talk in China’s tech industry, Li Yuan writes.