|WSJ Live News
- New U.S. Study Fans Cellphone Cancer Worries
- Sat, 28 May 2016 06:44:16 EDT - A new study found “low incidences” of two types of tumors in rats exposed to low-level radio waves emitted by cellphones, but many scientists said it was too soon to draw sweeping conclusions from the results.
- Trademark Board Issues Mixed Opinion in Coca-Cola 'Zero' Dispute
- Fri, 27 May 2016 21:47:48 EDT - U.S. trademark authorities said Coca-Cola Co. doesn’t have exclusive rights to use “zero’’ even as they agreed to register the common English word for the company’s diet-soda and sports-drink brands.
- Verizon, Unions Reach Labor Pact
- Fri, 27 May 2016 17:33:15 EDT - Verizon Communications and its labor unions have reached an agreement in principle that would end a weekslong labor strike.
- Hulk Hogan Case Stirs Funding-Disclosure Debate
- Fri, 27 May 2016 15:06:37 EDT - Tech entrepreneur Peter Thiel’s financial backing of Hulk Hogan’s suit against Gawker is rekindling a debate about disclosing such arrangements.
- Big Oil Companies Stay Shy Despite Upswing in Prices
- Fri, 27 May 2016 21:49:26 EDT - The world’s biggest energy companies are treating with caution the rally that briefly lifted crude-oil prices over $50 a barrel this week, wary of boosting spending and production too soon.
- Janet Yellen Sees Rate Hike Coming Soon
- Sat, 28 May 2016 09:23:14 EDT - Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen on Friday signaled the central bank will likely raise interest rates within months if the U.S. economy keeps gaining strength.
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment at Highest Level in 11 Months
- Fri, 27 May 2016 11:08:06 EDT - Americans are more confident than at any time in almost a year—with the consumer sentiment index rising to 94.7 this month from April’s 89.0—as cheap gasoline, low interest rates, and a rebound in stocks boost the economy’s prospects.
- U.S. First-Quarter GDP Growth Revised Higher to 0.8%
- Fri, 27 May 2016 17:58:01 EDT - The U.S. economy’s first-quarter slowdown was less pronounced than initially thought, and recent data have pointed to a pickup for growth this spring.
- Oil Prices Poised to Hit Sweet Spot
- Fri, 27 May 2016 11:18:11 EDT - On Thursday oil prices rose above $50 a barrel, putting crude back within a range between $50 and $60 in which almost everybody benefits, economists and investors say.
- G-7 Leaders Differ on Risks to Global Growth
- Fri, 27 May 2016 03:56:34 EDT - Leaders of the Group of Seven leading industrialized nations talked Thursday about ways to stoke the global economy but appeared to disagree on the risks to growth and exactly how to respond.
- How Will You Observe Memorial Day?
- Fri, 27 May 2016 18:31:11 EDT - Many Americans this Memorial Day will visit gravesites and town monuments. What about the rest of us?
- Netflix Loses Bid to Release Relativity Films Ahead of Theaters
- Fri, 27 May 2016 15:41:08 EDT - A bankruptcy judge on Friday delivered a defeat to Netflix Inc., which has fought for the right to release two films produced by Relativity Media LLC on its streaming platform ahead of their expected theatrical release.
- Viacom CEO Gets June Hearing in Lawsuit Over Redstone Trust
- Fri, 27 May 2016 18:51:01 EDT - A Massachusetts judge has granted Viacom Chairman Philippe Dauman and board member George Abrams’ request for a speedy hearing after the two filed a lawsuit to invalidate their removal from a trust designed to oversee media mogul Sumner Redstone’s holdings.
- U.S. Companies Dial Back Their Investment
- Thu, 26 May 2016 19:55:27 EDT - Slower spending on capital goods comes despite a solid labor market, a strengthening housing sector and continuing low interest rates.
- Fed Survey Finds Improvement in Household Finances
- Wed, 25 May 2016 14:27:13 EDT - Most Americans reported their household finances mildly improved last year, but nearly half said they would struggle to cover a $400 expense in an emergency.
- Auto, Mortgage Delinquencies Rise in Energy Regions
- Tue, 24 May 2016 21:35:10 EDT - The New York Fed’s quarterly report on household debt and credit found rising auto and mortgage delinquencies in the U.S. counties that had the highest employment in the oil and gas industry, even as the national picture continues its gradual improvement.
- Silicon Valley Driverless-Car Startup Raises Fresh Capital
- Fri, 27 May 2016 14:21:32 EDT - The backer of a Silicon Valley autonomous car developer called Zoox said the secretive startup raised a fresh round of capital valuing it at more than $1 billion, roughly equal to a similar company General Motors Co. acquired earlier this month.
- Millions More Cars With Takata Air Bags Recalled
- Fri, 27 May 2016 11:06:13 EDT - Car makers recalled millions of additional vehicles world-wide with faulty Takata air bags, further escalating an automotive safety crisis linked to at least 11 deaths and more than 100 injuries.
- Brian Chesky's Home-Sharing Quest
- Fri, 27 May 2016 18:23:54 EDT - The Airbnb CEO on building his company, battling his critics and renting his couch.