|WSJ Live News
- Hazardous Airliner Landings Are Rare, Data Show, but Pilot Reporting Lags
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 14:26:44 EST - More than 200 landing approaches made by commercial airliners over the past 15 years—a tiny portion of total flights—prompted collision warnings, yet most of the incidents weren’t reported by pilots, according to Honeywell data.
- Takata U.S. Employees Saw Problems in Air-Bag Tests
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 12:49:15 EST - For a decade, Takata employees in the U.S. raised concerns internally about misleading testing reports on air bags that later became prone to explosions.
- Justice Department Probing Comcast's Role in 'Spot' Cable Ad Sales Market
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 07:24:16 EST - The Justice Department is investigating whether Comcast’s business practices in the $5 billion cable advertising-sales market violate federal antitrust law.
- Some Malls Pressure Retailers to Open on Thanksgiving
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 12:43:25 EST - While most department stores set their own hours, the small shops that line mall hallways tend to follow the lead of their landlords, which take their cues from chains like J.C. Penney and Macy’s.
- Slow U.S. Consumer Spending Signals Caution
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 15:33:17 EST - U.S. consumers have grown increasingly cautious ahead of the holiday shopping season, a potential weight on economic growth during the final months of the year.
- U.S. Durable Orders Climb 3% in October
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:45:16 EST - Orders for long-lasting goods rose in October, climbing 3.0%—a sign demand for manufactured products could be firming after falling for most of the year.
- U.S. New-Home Sales Continue Robust Pace
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:10:25 EST - Sales of newly built homes rose in October, leaving the housing market on track for its best year since 2007.
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Slips
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 12:01:42 EST - U.S. consumer confidence slipped at the end of November, suggesting retailers could face a challenging holiday season.
- U.S. Jobless Claims Fell Last Week
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:18:11 EST - The number of Americans filing for first-time unemployment benefits decreased last week, a healthily signal for the labor market.
- Rosneft Reports $1.7 Billion Net Profit for Third Quarter
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:15:13 EST - Rosneft’s third-quarter net profit was based on a large foreign-currency gain, after the company posted zero profit for the same period last year.
- H-P Spinoffs Give First Looks
- Tue, 24 Nov 2015 23:44:35 EST - HP Inc., fresh off its split in early November, gave profit outlooks below Wall Street’s expectations for its first quarter as a public company, sending shares lower.
- Sony's PlayStation 4 Scores More Than 30 Million Sales
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 02:36:19 EST - Sony said that it has sold more than 30 million PlayStation 4 videogame consoles, two years after the launch of the system that has sold faster than any of its predecessors.
- EPA Revokes Approval of Dow Chemical Herbicide
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 17:04:55 EST - The EPA plans to withdraw its approval of a Dow Chemical herbicide, saying it has new information that suggests the weedkiller is more toxic to surrounding plants than previously thought..
- The Oxford Economist Running the Fed's Interest-Rate Machine
- Tue, 24 Nov 2015 00:15:44 EST - Simon Potter is charged with implementing the mechanisms that will raise interest rates when Federal Reserve policy makers make that call.
- Why Housing Rebound Hasn't Lifted Economy Much
- Mon, 23 Nov 2015 20:43:34 EST - American homeowners are digging out of the housing crisis. But housing wealth is playing a much smaller role in the overall economy than it did before the downturn.
- Deere's Profit and 2016 Outlook Top Expectations
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 15:42:43 EST - Deere & Co.’s quarterly results handily topped expectations as the farm machinery maker continued to navigate through a dismal equipment market pinned down by low crop prices.
- Startups Vie to Deliver Turkeys, Wine in 1 Hour
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 16:53:50 EST - This Thanksgiving, a host of startups, plus e-commerce titan Amazon.com, are offering to deliver a last-minute bottle of wine, a bag of stuffing mix or a DVD, in an hour or less.
- Bezos Team Lands Spent Rocket After Space Flight
- Tue, 24 Nov 2015 20:41:56 EST - The space company backed by Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos announced a historic coup with a test flight of a fully reusable rocket.