|WSJ Live News
What's News US
- Regional Banks Fill Industrial Niche
- Thu, 26 Mar 2015 23:19:05 EDT - Local lender KeyBank is succeeding by going back to its roots, lending to small and mid-size manufacturers.
- Dow Chemical to Split Off Chlorine Ops
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:21:27 EDT - Dow Chemical said it will split off a significant portion of its chlorine business and merge it with Olin in a deal valued at $5 billion.
- U.S. Fourth-Quarter GDP Expanded at 2.2% Pace
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:49:57 EDT - The U.S. economy slowed in the final months of 2014 and corporate profits fell, putting it on weaker footing ahead of an apparent slowdown early this year.
- Has Japan's 'Big Bazooka' Misfired?
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 03:49:34 EDT - Japan is drifting back toward deflation, underscoring the continuing difficulties in pulling the world’s third-largest economy out of its long slump.
- BlackBerry Posts Surprise Profit
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:01:25 EDT - BlackBerry reported a surprise quarterly profit but revenue fell well short of expectations.
- Google CFO Gets $70 Million Pay Package
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:57:47 EDT - Google’s incoming CFO, Ruth Porat, will receive a $5 million signing bonus plus $65 million worth of restricted stock.
- Pepsi-Cola Replaces Diet Coke as No. 2 Soda
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 00:16:49 EDT - Pepsi-Cola supplanted Diet Coke as the No. 2 soda brand in the U.S. by volume in 2014 as Americans continued to flee diet soft drinks, according to industry data published Thursday.
- Europe's Cargo Ships Diverted to Sea Rescues
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:52:24 EDT - The waves of African and Middle Eastern seaborne migrants attempting to reach Europe are causing a little-noticed but serious problem for the mercantile ships that ply the Mediterranean.
- Toyota Unveils Revamped Manufacturing
- Thu, 26 Mar 2015 21:54:27 EDT - Toyota broke a two-year silence on a revamped manufacturing process—built on sharing components among vehicles—that it says will produce half its vehicles by 2020 and slash costs.
- Asia Stocks End Mixed
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 05:06:15 EDT - Asian markets ended mixed as concerns about the U.S. economy and uncertainty before comments from Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen inhibited movement in some markets.
- Chevron to Sell Caltex Australia Stake
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 04:52:32 EDT - Chevron plans to sell its stake in an Australian oil-refining business for about $3.60 billion, as the U.S. oil company sheds assets to buffer its balance sheet from tumbling oil prices.
- RBS Sells Coutts International
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 05:33:00 EDT - RBS has sold its Coutts International wealth management business to Geneva-based Union Bancaire Privée, bringing a long-running effort to part with the unit to a close.
- Oil Falls, Gets Support From Yemen Conflict
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 07:24:10 EDT - Oil prices fell on profit-taking and a strong U.S. dollar but the escalating conflict in Yemen was still capturing the attention of the market.
- For Monsanto, a Season of Woes
- Thu, 26 Mar 2015 15:13:51 EDT - Monsanto is confronting some of its stiffest challenges in years, as it contends with criticism of biotech foods, farmers tightening their belts, and the WHO labeling its trademark weed killer as a potential carcinogen.
- Default Threat Haunts Ukrainian Corporate Debt Investors
- Thu, 26 Mar 2015 22:54:41 EDT - Investors in Ukrainian companies’ bonds could be facing huge losses, economists warn, amid concerns the country is hurtling toward a costly default on its government debt.
- H-P Nears Deal to Sell Control of China Data-Networking Business
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 01:53:04 EDT - Hewlett-Packard is nearing a deal to sell control of its data-networking business in China to Tsinghua Unigroup, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Treasury Help Sought in Cross-Border Swaps Dispute
- Thu, 26 Mar 2015 19:31:15 EDT - Senate Agriculture Committee Chairman Pat Roberts is pressing the Obama administration to help resolve a protracted cross-border dispute over derivatives regulation, a fight that threatens to harm big U.S. firms like CME.
- Pemex in Pipeline Deal With BlackRock, First Reserve
- Thu, 26 Mar 2015 21:22:36 EDT - Pemex has landed its first major investment since an energy overhaul opened the sector to private players. BlackRock and First Reserve will put up about $900 million for a 45% stake in a pipeline project.
- Investors Lured By Palm Oil's Wild Ride
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 02:59:20 EDT - Interest in trading palm oil futures is growing beyond its traditional heartlands in southeast Asia, thanks to growing consumption of the edible oil and opportunities for traders.
- Petrobras Names New Chairman
- Thu, 26 Mar 2015 21:41:30 EDT - Brazil’s state-run oil firm Petróleo Brasileiro said that it appointed Luciano Coutinho, head of the country’s development bank, as its new chairman.
- RadioShack to Fight for Standard General Takeover
- Thu, 26 Mar 2015 23:47:21 EDT - RadioShack said the company-saving offer from Standard General is the best to emerge from an auction that tested the value of the distressed retailer.
- Ocwen Begins Entering Indemnification Pacts With Executives
- Thu, 26 Mar 2015 17:50:10 EDT - Ocwen Financial Corp. said it recently began entering into indemnification agreements with each of its executive officers and directors.
- Restoration Hardware Issues Weak Outlook
- Thu, 26 Mar 2015 22:04:36 EDT - Restoration Hardware Holdings disclosed an ambitious business expansion that it said would slow down revenue growth in 2015 to the midteens.
- Regulator Reassures on Yuan
- Thu, 26 Mar 2015 23:47:47 EDT - A senior Chinese foreign-exchange regulator said China’s currency remained strong and capital was flowing into China, not out.