|WSJ Live News
What's News US
- Credit Suisse Chat-Room Review Leads to Probe
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:37:55 EDT - An internal investigation into allegations of inappropriate employee behavior has roiled the bank's European stock-trading desk, according to people familiar with the probe.
- Dollar General Raises Family Dollar Bid to $9.1 Billion
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 11:27:32 EDT - The battle for over U.S. retailing's discount aisle escalated, as Dollar General raised its bid for Family Dollar Stores and warned it could try a hostile takeover if its smaller rival doesn't agree to talks.
- U.S. Stocks Drop After Recent Gains
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:08:22 EDT - U.S. stocks fell Tuesday, with losses pulling the S&P 500 index below the 2000 level in intraday trading. .
- Halliburton to Settle Deepwater Horizon Claims for $1.1 Billion
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 13:17:35 EDT - Halliburton said it agreed to a $1.1 billion settlement covering a substantial majority of claims related to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon rig explosion in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Home Depot Probing Possible Breach
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:38:50 EDT - Home Depot is working with banks and law enforcement agencies to investigate a potential breach of customer credit or debit card data.
- U.S. to Consult Chinese Regulators on Maersk-MSC Alliance
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:54:44 EDT - The U.S. Federal Maritime Commission is unlikely to approve a proposed alliance between container-shipping giants Maersk Line and Mediterranean Shipping Co. before consulting with Chinese regulators, according to one of the agency's commissioners.
- Washington Post Publisher Weymouth Stepping Down
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:47:14 EDT - Washington Post publisher Katharine Weymouth announced that she is stepping down effective Oct. 1, marking the last departure from the newspaper of a member of the Graham family.
- U.S. Manufacturing Index Rises
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:22:45 EDT - The U.S. manufacturing expansion revved up in August, according to a survey released Tuesday by the Institute for Supply Management.
- Heady U.S. IPO Market Rolls Into Autumn
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 13:59:56 EDT - The anticipated flood of IPOs in coming months would cap off the busiest period for new U.S. share listings in decades.
- Tax Firm to Revive Arthur Andersen Name
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 13:05:13 EDT - A tax consultant is buying the rights to use the name of the accounting firm brought down by the Enron scandal.
- Compuware to Be Taken Private
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:47:12 EDT - Software developer Compuware agreed to be taken private by Thoma Bravo LLC for about $2.5 billion.
- Global Inflation Eased in July
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 07:35:06 EDT - Consumer prices rose at a slower pace across most of the world's largest economies in July as energy prices eased, reflecting sluggish growth during the first half of the year.
- Price Data Lift Hopes for ECB Action
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:08:52 EDT - Wholesale prices in the eurozone fell in July, while the region's inflation rate is lagging far behind other big economies, supporting hopes the European Central Bank will signal fresh stimulus measures Thursday.
- Greek Real Estate Back in Vogue
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:04:39 EDT - Buyers are returning to the property market in Greece amid signs that Europe's hardest-hit economy is starting to recover.
- Select Income REIT to Buy Cole Corporate Income Trust
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 11:31:27 EDT - Select Income agreed to acquire nonlisted real-estate investment trust Cole Corporate Income Trust in a deal valued at $3 billion, including the assumption of $298 million of mortgage debt.
- Eric Cantor to Join Wall Street Bank
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:53:16 EDT - Eric Cantor plans to join boutique investment bank Moelis & Co., as the recently deposed House majority leader embarks on a new career on Wall Street.